• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fathers rights for unborn child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalissues

Just wanted to say thanks to AnmarieNorton

AmarieNorton said:
OP = original poster.

You will find that while some good advice is given here, some people get kicks out of trying to make other feel bad. Just take the good advice and ignore the a$$holes (and there are plenty).

I think you did a good thing in wanting to get all of the facts before you made any decisions concerning this guy. My non-legal advice however is that if this guy is the father and you're with him, you are in for years and years of aggravation from the child's mother – better to cut your losses now.
Thanks for being so nice.

nextwife

FYI- A CVS test (rather than an amnio) can be administered as early as the end of the FIRST trimester with limited risk. Presuming a diagnostically sound reason for such testing.

LdiJ

legalissues said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefined
I am in NY state
My boyfriend found out that his exgirlfriend is pregnant with his kid. She is furious that he had been seeing me b/c she wants to be with him (basically tried to trap him into being w/her by having this kid). So now she has told him that if she finds out he is speaking to me or seeing me she will take off from NY to florida where her family is and have the kid there. He now wants to cut ties w/me until he figures out his legal rights. Can she really have this much control over his life? What does he need to do to make sure he cant take the kid away from him and can continue seeing me? Does he really need to do whatever she says until the baby is born?
Well, its absolutely true that until the baby is born she is totally free to move anywhere in the world that she wants to move. Its also true that if she has the baby in FL that the baby will be a florida resident and jurisdiction will be established in Florida....which would certainly make things more complicated for your boyfriend

You boyfriend has no rights until the baby is born and paternity is legally established.

Think very carefully here.....if you stay with him you will be staying with someone who is willing to cut ties with you to keep the mother of his baby happy. That means that you could be in for a serious life of drama. It may be time to move on to greener pastures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">