• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

File complaint against Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ironwil

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

How do I go about filing a complaint against a particular child support office? I have been having issues with mistakes on my account for years, and the latest issue has been going on for over 5 months. California has a form to fill out for filing complaints, but I haven't seen one for Arizona.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
See also: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/child-support-office-refuses-explain-charge-478514.html

Ironwil

Filing a complaint

Thanks, but that was my post. In that post I was hoping for suggestions on forcing a response out of the child support office, but I'm starting to believe that they are simply not going to give me the information I've requested. It's been over 5 months, and all I wanted was an explanation of a charge placed on my account.

Now I've set up a meeting with an attorney, and also want to file a complaint against my case worker in specific and the office she works at in general. The second bit is because at least one other case worker there has been assisting with my case, and I still don't have my information.

nemom3

Filling a complaint

I would suggest contacting your state representatives and every official within the county you can. It may sound strange but when I was having problems with CSE and could not get anywhere I started writing emails and making phone calls. It only took me about a week to get a response - the State Representative called me and asked what he could do to help and amazingly the issue that I had been fighting over for 5 months disappeared in 3 hours!

I have also found that at times the only way to get a response is to ask for specific names and documentation and when they ask why or refuse to give it to you explain that you would like to be able to quote their regulations precisely while you are writing your state and county representatives to find out if these people are aware that CSE is incapable of following (in my case it was actually enforcing) their own rules.

They are a government agency and just like any other they get funding from the state/fed so if they won't answer your questions about the issue go over their heads. I don't know about in your state but in Colorado CSE was under the District attorney's office - ask them which DA they are under and let them know why you want to contact them. The last time I had to do that I was immediately transferred to a manager and my questions were actually answered on the spot - and another miracle the issue was resolved in 24 hours. They are a bureaucracy and sometimes you need to climb over people's heads to get things taken care of.

JerichoD

I am a non custodial parent since 2008 I have been on and off with work. I called the case worker back in 2008 told them i will be laid off in a month. I asked if there any information of how I can pay least amount, She told me to get a job. Last year my license was about to get suspended, she told me no matter what i do it will be suspended. She told me to pay the whole amount in full. Even though it shows on papers that I have the right to talk to case worker in making payments. What can i do?

Silverplum

Please start your own thread and be sure to give the name of your state. Thanks.

I am a non custodial parent since 2008 I have been on and off with work. I called the case worker back in 2008 told them i will be laid off in a month. I asked if there any information of how I can pay least amount, She told me to get a job. Last year my license was about to get suspended, she told me no matter what i do it will be suspended. She told me to pay the whole amount in full. Even though it shows on papers that I have the right to talk to case worker in making payments. What can i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">