• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

File a motion for Modification of Child placement and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Callirae

Wisconsin...
I recently sent a letter to our local Judge (Family Court) explaining my current situation...His assistant sent it back to me saying the Judge could not read it due to the fact I did not CC my ex-husband...(Didn't know I had to) OK...I really don't know where my ex-husband is living... Here are the details ... My son has recently moved back in with me and my husband...I have been paying child support - I contacted my child support officer and she suggested sending me a stipulation having child support suspended and child placement changed..I would sign and my ex-husband would have to sign...Well he is on the run from the law...but my daughter gave him the papers and he absolutely will not sign and say's he would rather go to court...That is because he has been eluding the police for 3+ months...So my next step is to file for a modification...Which fine, I will do that, in the process of doing that...BUT...From what I understand, nothing can move forward until my ex-husband is served...well...How does anyone suppose I am going to have him served if he has been eluding the police for the last 3+ months...He has a warrant for not showing up to sentencing which are some pretty serious charges ... So I can't afford a lawyer...and in the mean time, I continue to pay child support for a child that is in my care???!! HELP pleaseWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

So I can't afford a lawyer...and in the mean time, I continue to pay child support for a child that is in my care???!! HELP pleaseWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
So you can afford to continue paying child support but you can't afford a lawyer? Sounds like you've got things backwards.

Callirae

I thought this was a place for advise not to be told that I have things back words - Thanks for your advise

mistoffolees

I thought this was a place for advise not to be told that I have things back words - Thanks for your advise
I did give you advice. It's not my problem that you're unwilling to take it.

Let's review the facts:

You have the child now, yet you still owe child support.

If you can file the appropriate things in court, you can probably stop paying CS (you can even have child support credited to you, although collecting it might be a problem).

You don't have any idea how to go about that and the things you've tried didn't work.

An attorney can probably fix the problem.

The advice is simple. You need an attorney. Period.

Callirae

wow...are you always so nice? But honestly thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">