• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing an objection?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY

Anyone ever file an objection to a judges answer? Could this take awhile? How do you know if its worth the attorney fees etc.

Ive posted before about the order being modified just for those 3 months. But just found out they took $2100 off of dads arrears. Now 3 months would be 12 or 13 weeks. But this person at the unit who recalculated it used 14 weeks I talked with the guy he was an idiot and a jerk to me. He says "how do u expect me to ask a guy to pay more than $25 when hes not working (no where does it say he didnt work the whole 3 months).

Well my lawyer and my investigator/case worker at the support unit both said since it is not mentioned and doesnt specify that he is still responsible for the % of insurance and % of childcare. The guy who recalculated wouldnt budge. And said what the case worker said doesnt matter and ex was below poverty level and it says right there in the order. Who is right here the rude guy who didnt want to admit he was wrong or my lawyer and case worker at the support unit? Cse worker is going to call the support unit who recalculated teh amount and explain to him but I do not think it will do any good.

Is this worth filing a objection to the order? The finding of facts sheet says he only made $1600 in WC the whole 3 months (false-ex said in court his first WC check was $1600 and no support was taken out of it nor did he use any to pay support. I received 2 payments from the WC (case worker told me it was from WC and on the cs printout it says the WC company). So if he received $1600 for each of the 2 months he was out and $1200 the last month than he wasnt below poverty level. But the judge didnt even have my daughters father prove income during those 3 months. I know people who make less and pay $400+ a month but cant get it changed @@.

Should I file objection its a matter of $1000+? Will they make my ex produce proof of income? I dont want to file if its not worth it.What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Momto1yrold said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Anyone ever file an objection to a judges answer? Could this take awhile? How do you know if its worth the attorney fees etc.

Ive posted this before but they took $2100 off of dads arrears. Now 3 months would be 12 or 13 weeks. But this person at the unit who recalculated it used 14 weeks I talked with the guy he was an idiot and a jerk to me. He says "how do u expect me to ask a guy to pay more than $25 when hes not working (no where does it say he didnt work the whole 3 months).

Well my lawyer and my investigator/case worker at the support unit both said since it is not mentioned and doesnt specify that he is still responsible for the % of insurance and % of childcare. The guy who recalculated wouldnt budge. And said what the case worker said doesnt matter and ex was below poverty level and it says right there in the order. Who is right here the rude guy who didnt want to admit he was wrong or my lawyer and case worker at the support unit?

Is this worth filing a objection to the order? The finding of facts sheet says he only made $1600 in WC the whole 3 months (false-ex said in court his first WC check was $1600 and no support was taken out of it nor did he use any to pay support. I received 2 payments from the WC (case worker told me it was from WC and on the cs printout it says the WC company). So if he received $1600 for each of the 2 months he was out and $1200 the last month than he wasnt below poverty level. But the judge didnt even have my daughters father prove income during those 3 months. I know people who make less and pay $400+ a month but cant get it changed @@.

Should I file objection its a matter of $1000+? Will they make my ex produce proof of income? I dont want to file if its not worth it.What is the name of your state?

Q: Anyone ever file an objection to a judges answer?

A: Yes. In fact, he's still serving time for contempt of court.

seniorjudge said:
Q: Anyone ever file an objection to a judges answer?

A: Yes. In fact, he's still serving time for contempt of court.
Im worried I will pay the lawyer fees and then end up getting a worse decision than this one. This is not such a bad decision but there is a lot of things wrong in this finding of facts story. I am however frustrated that some people (who should know the law-lawyer, case worker for cs) tell me one thing and some other guy tells me something different he was rambling etc etc, he also said something about "well 12 weeks would be $1800" well thats not my point I know how to do math, this guy was very rude and I was appalled when he said case worker wouldnt know and what he said didnt matter.

This county is odd they have the support unit located in Family court building and then investigator is in dept of social services building.

GrowUp!

Momto1yrold said:
Im worried I will pay the lawyer fees and then end up getting a worse decision than this one. This is not such a bad decision but there is a lot of things wrong in this finding of facts story. I am however frustrated that some people (who should know the law-lawyer, case worker for cs) tell me one thing and some other guy tells me something different he was rambling etc etc, he also said something about "well 12 weeks would be $1800" well thats not my point I know how to do math, this guy was very rude and I was appalled when he said case worker wouldnt know and what he said didnt matter.

This county is odd they have the support unit located in Family court building and then investigator is in dept of social services building.
If you have an attorney, why are you not discussing this with him/her. S/he has all of the facts and *should* be able to tell you the chances of what you're asking.

BL

A Family Court Judge will review the record of proceedings and listen to the tape recording of the Findings Of Facts Hearing , and make a written decision of the objection to it .

I responded to your other thread .

You will NOT get CSE to change a thing in an order . That's what objections and appeals are for .

GrowUp! said:
If you have an attorney, why are you not discussing this with him/her. S/he has all of the facts and *should* be able to tell you the chances of what you're asking.
I do have an attorney.
Well like I said he was one of the people who said if it wasnt specified then he is still obligated for those add-ons. But some how the child support worker who recalculated says the lawyer and the case worker are both wrong which I find hard to believe. If people who are supposed to work together in this both have different things to say how it should go than who gets the right to decide.

Im also trying to decide if I should even persue this and wanted otehr peoples experiences on fighting a decision and if they were ever in that situation.

Blonde Lebinese said:
A Family Court Judge will review the record of proceedings and listen to the tape recording of the Findings Of Facts Hearing , and make a written decision of the objection to it .

I responded to your other thread .

You will NOT get CSE to change a thing in an order . That's what objections and appeals are for .
I know the enforcement cant change it. But the support collection unit changed his arrears on the add ons when it didnt specify 2 different people told me they shouldnt have changed those add on amounts (reliable people, a lawyer and a support case worker/investigator). Now I want to make sure im not getting screwed over. The guy who recalculated was very rude, and he was getting mad and saying how do u want me to make a guy pay more than $25 a month when he isnt working (which it didnt say he wasnt working in the paperwork).
Also during the trial it siad his first WC check was $1600 not total WC benefits- court date prior to that he WAS supposed top send in wc paperwork but never did and it was never brought up again, so how is that fair. And in court he stated he went back to work in end of April that menas he had another $1200 there for that month so his total income WAS not as they state it as $1600 for 3 months. I received 2 payments of $300 something if hes only getting 400 something a month from comp so it said im sure they wouldnt garnish for $325 and leave him with $!00 to live that whole month and i received 2 checks so thats 2 checks he received other than the one he talked about in court (cause he said in court he didnt pay any support with the first check it all went to bills). Something is defintiely wrong here.

If I have an objection to his total income they listed there than they wont find that total in the recordings because he never had to supply it even when judge said he was supposed to sned my lawyer and the courts the WC paperwork.

Last edited:

BL

Jehust H Christ , what don't you understand ? You had a NOTICE of Order to respond within a time limit . If you do-NOT , we can NOT help you . . PERIOD ..

Blonde Lebinese said:
Jehust H Christ , what don't you understand ? You had a NOTICE of Order to respond within a time limit . If you do-NOT , we can NOT help you . . PERIOD ..
What? No I dont understand. Im confused by what you say a notice of order to respond. Yes I have a time limit to file objections, I have 30- 35 days to file objections since I received the decision by mail. So hopefully thats what your talking about and I am trying to see if truly its worth paying my lawyer more money and if its worth objecting to. Thats what I want help with. After I file an objection how could anyone possibly help me, u just said they wil ljust listen to the recordings etc etc.

Youre right I do not know the processes or how this stuff works. Today I just dropped the recalculations (computer sheet child support collections office gave me ) off to my lawyer not sure if anything will come of it.

I apologize to anyone I annoyed. Any one else who would like to offer their experience if they have gone through something similiar please feel free.

Thanks in advance. And thank you for the ones who did reply.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">