• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial Affidavit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have 2 children from a previous marriage. They currently reside with their father and have since the divorce. I am now remarried and have another child. My ex husband is sueing me for child support and full custody. There was no order for support previously. My question is this - when completing my financial affidavit, am I obligated to include my husbands income? If I do not include my husbands income, do I then cut my expenses in half?
Thanks in advance for replying.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I have 2 children from a previous marriage. They currently reside with their father and have since the divorce. I am now remarried and have another child. My ex husband is sueing me for child support and full custody. There was no order for support previously. My question is this - when completing my financial affidavit, am I obligated to include my husbands income? If I do not include my husbands income, do I then cut my expenses in half?
You do not have to cut your expenses in half nor do you have to include your husband's income unless there is a spot that asks for spouse's income.

No, there is not a space for spouse's income... but knowing that I could never pay all these bills on my own income, would that be consider lying by putting the full amounts? Would that look badly for me?

Gracie3787

You do not have to include your husband's income. You can list all of the basic housing expenses for the entire family for rent/mortgage, utilities, and food. All others, that are personal, such as clothing, grooming, insurance, etc. figure out what the cost is just for you.

Gracie3787

No, there is not a space for spouse's income... but knowing that I could never pay all these bills on my own income, would that be consider lying by putting the full amounts? Would that look badly for me?
Do you file taxes jointly as married?
If so, at the top of the page it asks for your filing status, just put "married, file jointly" and that will automatically explain why your listed expenses might look excessive for YOUR income.
If you don't file jointly, just add an * somewhere and state that you are married.

Thank you very much for your advice. :)
Hopefully this case goes in my favor. If anyone has any other info they feel may be applicable, please post.
Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">