• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

financial intermediary and how to make it happen..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

There is sooo much more to this situation but this is a public forum and it's none of the publics business period. I came here for a little advice and all I got was bad mouthed and negativity....great website
Any sensible human with a brain is a "feminist." :rolleyes:

Not all of us are yay-mommy types. None of us, however, like or appreciate your goal and attitude.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I see what's going on here....bunch of feminists chiming in on what I have brought to the table and no matter what they are always going to side with the woman.....I should have seen this coming
Don't be an arse. I am (ok, was, they all aged out) a single FATHER with full custody of his three children. I paid for every single penny of my kids' upbringing and my ex didn't bother contributing a cent. The answers would be the same if the genders were reversed...

Silverplum

I see what's going on here....bunch of feminists chiming in on what I have brought to the table and no matter what they are always going to side with the woman.....I should have seen this coming
This one goes with my feminist comment. And because op made me put forth extra effort, I require another rollie: :rolleyes:

Proserpina

Oh, sweet irony.

Y'see, most of the posters who have responded are fairly regularly accused of being too pro-DAD.

Shocker!

Just Blue

There is sooo much more to this situation but this is a public forum and it's none of the publics business period. I came here for a little advice and all I got was bad mouthed and negativity....great website
Of course there is angry man!! We all know that! You were not "bad mouthed" at all...You were told you were wrong based on what you stated in your postings.

And YES!! It is a great website...Thank You for noticing that.:cool:

anisaerah

And now I'm here, this is what I'd expect to happen in court:

Mom: Your Honor, I have no idea why Dad is behaving in this manner. Yes, it's true that because of X situation (medical bills/urgent family matter/whatever) our household has suffered a few tight months, but I've brought receipts to show exactly how I've been supporting our mutual children and I have also made Dad aware of our situation, out of a simple common courtesy because he's the father of our children and I feel it's in the spirit of good co-parenting.

Judge: Yes, I see that from your response. Let's see. Extra daycare/transportation costs... check. School clothing... check. School supplies.. check. Dad, what exactly are you here for?

Dad: The kids wear TATTY CLOTHING!

Judge: So does half of Hollywood. These children are not at risk and they are not in danger. Motion denied, and you'll be paying Mom's court costs. If anything drastic changes, come back and talk to me.

The End.
After reading this and other legal forums for nearly a decade, I've had a spreadsheet of my daughter's expenses and receipts for kid-specific stuff at the ready every time I go into court. I've never needed to use it.

It's remarkable how expensive kids are, though!

LdiJ

Oh good lord. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with gender. A non custodial mother asking the same question would get the same response.

No court is going to give you what you want. Its that simple.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then go pay a lawyer, little man.

SESmama

After reading this and other legal forums for nearly a decade, I've had a spreadsheet of my daughter's expenses and receipts for kid-specific stuff at the ready every time I go into court. I've never needed to use it.

It's remarkable how expensive kids are, though!
OMG, I could not even imagine detailing WHAT is have spent on boy child.
$3.00 for a box of gum (SPD input)
$0.50 because he wanted a gumball and I needed him to keep quiet
$5.00 per month for allowance - because.... well he did some chores but he also needed it for lunches over summer camps
$800.00 for a new laptop because the old one is dying but, well, we share it, sort of
etc
etc

I don't even want to go into trying to split the household expenses since we have 2 parenting plans. I could divide the mortgage by 5 but boy is here 99% of the time (no, Dad does not see boy by his own choice) but hubby's boys are here 6 out of 14 nights. So how is a fair way to split it all up? And then there are the variable bills like power, heat, food, etc etc

I would simply invite my ex to try and sift through figuring out the days/nights and who eats more vs who uses more shampoo...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I WISH my ex had asked for an accounting of how I spent his CS. He would have been embarrassed.

single317dad

OMG, I could not even imagine detailing WHAT is have spent on boy child.
$3.00 for a box of gum (SPD input)
$0.50 because he wanted a gumball and I needed him to keep quiet
$5.00 per month for allowance - because.... well he did some chores but he also needed it for lunches over summer camps
$800.00 for a new laptop because the old one is dying but, well, we share it, sort of
etc
etc

I don't even want to go into trying to split the household expenses since we have 2 parenting plans. I could divide the mortgage by 5 but boy is here 99% of the time (no, Dad does not see boy by his own choice) but hubby's boys are here 6 out of 14 nights. So how is a fair way to split it all up? And then there are the variable bills like power, heat, food, etc etc

I would simply invite my ex to try and sift through figuring out the days/nights and who eats more vs who uses more shampoo...
I like it. I keep a loose accounting myself, just in case I ever have need for it in court, though Mom has never paid one dime in support and has no unsupervised visitation.

$55 yesterday because you wanted to "take him to the fair" but showed up with 5 other kids and $40 on you.

$39 for an xbox controller because the xbox you "bought" (probably stole) for Christmas had no controller or cables or games.
$10 for HDMI cable, $36 for power adapter, $100+ for the games.

$10.70/mo for the past 6 years for a prepaid phone because I can't give you my real cell # for fear you'll call it incessantly and send inappropriate pictures that our child or others might see.

Oh, it would be so much fun on one of those TV court shows.

Just Blue

I like it. I keep a loose accounting myself, just in case I ever have need for it in court, though Mom has never paid one dime in support and has no unsupervised visitation.

$55 yesterday because you wanted to "take him to the fair" but showed up with 5 other kids and $40 on you.

$39 for an xbox controller because the xbox you "bought" (probably stole) for Christmas had no controller or cables or games.
$10 for HDMI cable, $36 for power adapter, $100+ for the games.

$10.70/mo for the past 6 years for a prepaid phone because I can't give you my real cell # for fear you'll call it incessantly and send inappropriate pictures that our child or others might see.

Oh, it would be so much fun on one of those TV court shows.
That is so sad for your child. I'm sorry for your child/ren. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">