• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

financial intermediary and how to make it happen..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slacerte83

Hello all....my names steve and im a single dad paying child support in Massachusetts for my two kids to my ex who is currently married.....I want to start financial intermediary with my children's mother....I do not believe that she is using the support money I pay in the proper ways and I would like to ensure myself that my kids won't be left on the street (not that I would let happen cause I would most certainly take them before that happens) due to their mothers delinquency towards rent and other bills....there is a lot more I can get into if need be but I guess let's start here.....how do I go about this? I have read in numerous places that I can do financial intermediary and put in writing that I want to see where the support money goes...wether it be through intermediary or an escrow account....I need help and I need some guidance.....thanks in advance for your time and help...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hello all....my names steve and im a single dad paying child support in Massachusetts for my two kids to my ex who is currently married.....I want to start financial intermediary with my children's mother....I do not believe that she is using the support money I pay in the proper ways and I would like to ensure myself that my kids won't be left on the street (not that I would let happen cause I would most certainly take them before that happens) due to their mothers delinquency towards rent and other bills....there is a lot more I can get into if need be but I guess let's start here.....how do I go about this? I have read in numerous places that I can do financial intermediary and put in writing that I want to see where the support money goes...wether it be through intermediary or an escrow account....I need help and I need some guidance.....thanks in advance for your time and help...
You have no right to get a financial intermediary. Nor do you have a right to dictate or see where the support money goes. You don't have this control. She can use the support money however she wants to use it. Deal with it.

LdiJ

I have no idea where you are getting the impression that you can do that, but its not a realistic possibility at all. It just is not. There are certainly no forms or procedures that you could use to do that yourself. You would need an attorney and even then, the odds of succeeding would be slim to none. Courts simply do not give one parent oversight over the finances of the other like that.

Just Blue

Whomever told you that is lying o you. Not gonna happen.

Just Blue

You all say no way with no valid reasons why.....
There are a bunch of reasons why...#1 is the purpose of child support is to reimburse the CP for the NCP share of the childs expenses. You do not get to dictate what she does with that reimbursement.

Just Blue

So basically you all say I have absolutely zero rights? I know that's not true......
You have zero say in how she spends HER MONEY. That
IS true. If you doubt me and all the others here....Get a consult with a Family Law Attorney to confirm what I am saying. If you feel your child is neglected somehow report it to DCF. :rolleyes:

LdiJ

So basically you all say I have absolutely zero rights? I know that's not true......
Zero rights as to how she spends the child support, absolutely. I also gave you the reason why. The state does not give one parent that kind of financial oversight over the other parent. Again, I do not know where you got the original information, but the information was absolutely wrong.

There are extremely rare (and by rare, in 20 years of participating on forums like these I have seen only ONE case) circumstances under which its possible that a court could require an accounting, TO THE COURT, of how child support is spent, but not to the other parent.

Proserpina

Does OP even loosely comprehend what "financial intermediary" means?

Seriously?

It does not mean what OP seems to think it means...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">