• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are "Findings of Fact" considered part of the Order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snostar2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I am Objecting to a Support Magistrate's Order.

Procedure for filing objections:
1.The objections must be in writing and contain the name and docket number of the case.
2.The reasons for your objections and the parts of the order objected to must be clearly stated.

The rest can be found here:
http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/family/objections.shtml#ob1

I just realized, in the mail I received and ORDER ENTRY JUDGEMENT and FINDINGS OF FACT. I was under the impression they were one, but after looking closely they appear to be separate because they both state the parties, case#, ect.

In my objection I clearly stated FINDINGS OF FACTS and my objection to them and proceeded to request a change in the amount due to me in the judgment, but did not quote the ORDER ENTRY JUDGEMENT.

I was told if I did not follow the directions, no judge would consider it.
Did I not follow the directions? I filed it yesterday......and just realized this today.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">