• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First post/need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PARRISH STENSON

What is the name of your state? NewYork
I want to ask if anyone knows when you are no longer responsible legally for a child who is about to be 18, not attending school or working, basically doing nothing but disrespecting my mother in her own home. When can she send him on his merry way, she,s done everything possible to motivate him to do something besides hang out in her home with his so called friends that are eating her out of house and home. She already had the police knock her door of the hinges because the claimed there was a gun in her home. They were wrong and didn't have a warrant that they can now produce to her lawyer. She is terrified of this happening again because her child doesn't listen to her because he know's it all. Please Help!!!!!

BelizeBreeze

PARRISH STENSON said:
I want to ask if anyone knows when you are no longer responsible legally for a child who is about to be 18, not attending school or working, basically doing nothing but disrespecting my mother in her own home. When can she send him on his merry way, she,s done everything possible to motivate him to do something besides hang out in her home with his so called friends that are eating her out of house and home. She already had the police knock her door of the hinges because the claimed there was a gun in her home. They were wrong and didn't have a warrant that they can now produce to her lawyer. She is terrified of this happening again because her child doesn't listen to her because he know's it all. Please Help!!!!!
18 and then his ass is out the door.

rmet4nzkx

PARRISH STENSON said:
The age of majority in NY is 21.
I suggest changing your diet to things he and his friends don't like and encourage him to join the military if he qualifies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">