• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fl Dept of Revenue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tim Horton

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I got custody of my kids into thousand four, I am a mail. I've been asking for child support since then through the Department of revenue. A family court had already put in order for my ex-wife to pay in 2004, but she never paid. The department of revenue Kept tell me they can't find her. She kept getting arrested in another city, got married, got divorced, got an injunction against her by her ex-husband. She Must've got arrested a total of six times. I believe they have access to the court records and the Internet which is how I found her.

She owes $45,000 in child support and went to court again two weeks ago and the magistrate admitted she does owe the money. Can the Florida Department of revenue be sued since they were giving me the runaround and also for discriminating against me because I am a male. I know plenty of guys out there they get arrested when they don't pay. I owed money at one time when the kids weren't with me and they tried suing me.

I sent them an email last week asking what to do next since the magistrate said she needs to pay each week and has not paid, and they have not responded.

Can they be sued for discrimination in the money this owed to me?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I got custody of my kids into thousand four, I am a mail. I've been asking for child support since then through the Department of revenue. A family court had already put in order for my ex-wife to pay in 2004, but she never paid. The department of revenue Kept tell me they can't find her. She kept getting arrested in another city, got married, got divorced, got an injunction against her by her ex-husband. She Must've got arrested a total of six times. I believe they have access to the court records and the Internet which is how I found her.

She owes $45,000 in child support and went to court again two weeks ago and the magistrate admitted she does owe the money. Can the Florida Department of revenue be sued since they were giving me the runaround and also for discriminating against me because I am a male. I know plenty of guys out there they get arrested when they don't pay. I owed money at one time when the kids weren't with me and they tried suing me.

I sent them an email last week asking what to do next since the magistrate said she needs to pay each week and has not paid, and they have not responded.

No, you're not going to be able to sue them. In the end, it's the mother of your children who's not paying you. Does she work? I suspect that, with so many arrests, she's having a great deal of trouble finding work. If she is truly unable to find work, then what would you think can be done?

Tim Horton

Fl Dept of Rev

No, you're not going to be able to sue them. In the end, it's the mother of your children who's not paying you. Does she work? I suspect that, with so many arrests, she's having a great deal of trouble finding work. If she is truly unable to find work, then what would you think can be done?
Not sure if she works, she's an alcoholic and drug user, hence why I have the kids. That doesn't excuse them not trying to find her and arresting her, that's what they're for. Her mother passed away and had a half million in CDs, so she may have gotten an inheritance in which the Dept of Revenue should've found out about but refuse to check.

If the roles were reversed they would have me arrested at work for not paying. They were quick to send me a letter in 2003 to sue me. This is discrimination because so many men out there or being arrested and harassed by them. But now that it's a woman they don't do nothing to her and I'm the one that suffers raising your boys. All the Dept had to do was check to see if she received any money.

Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Not sure if she works, she's an alcoholic and drug user, hence why I have the kids. That doesn't excuse them not trying to find her and arresting her, that's what they're for. Her mother passed away and had a half million in CDs, so she may have gotten an inheritance in which the Dept of Revenue should've found out about but refuse to check.

If the roles were reversed they would have me arrested at work for not paying. They were quick to send me a letter in 2003 to sue me. This is discrimination because so many men out there or being arrested and harassed by them. But now that it's a woman they don't do nothing to her and I'm the one that suffers raising your boys. All the Dept had to do was check to see if she received any money.

Thank you
Don't you take any responsibility for this? What have YOU done to pursue this? What do you think having her arrested is going to accomplish?

When replying to my posts, please keep in mind that I am a male who had full custody of my three kids (they've since aged out) and my ex was ordered to pay child support. The final tally that my ex owes is close to four times what you are owed. She's also a druggie and can't keep a job (not that she can get one with her record). You can't get blood from a turnip...

Or, perhaps, you're simply on here to complain about how unfair everything is...?

Silverplum

How would you know about her Mother's financial status at the time of her death? How would you know who inherited what?

Just Blue

Spelling is your friend. :)

Silverplum

I was assuming it was voice-to-text. My dad just started texting after I showed him voice-to-text (he hated the tiny onscreen keyboard). Some of his texts are hilarious!
My Mom tried typing on the tiny keyboard, hated it. She tried voice-to-text, was shocked that it made funny mangles of her efforts, really hated it. Now she wants her flip-fone back and has reverted to telephone and email only.

:p

Just Blue

My Mom tried typing on the tiny keyboard, hated it. She tried voice-to-text, was shocked that it made funny mangles of her efforts, really hated it. Now she wants her flip-fone back and has reverted to telephone and email only.

:p
That didn't occur to me. Sorry OP. I thought you were typing munglish. :)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I was assuming it was voice-to-text. My dad just started texting after I showed him voice-to-text (he hated the tiny onscreen keyboard). Some of his texts are hilarious!
I was going to suggest calling the USPS.

Tim Horton

Blue meanie: I talked to the phone and it spells what it wants.

Silver plum: 13 years ago my ex bragged about her mother owning shares in a refrigerated warehouse that she helped start up. Plus the half million in CDs in which I'm sure she got some.

Zigner: I came in here for advice. At least I'm trying to do something and have balls to ask. You on the other seem to be a miserable e little jerk and spend ur life on here insulting people instead of helping. This is the only way u can insult some one because if u did it in person your fatass wouldn't be able to run fast enough to get away. You hide in websites looking for the only sign of friendship u can find because nobody wants to talk to u. Wouldn't be if u were my ex pretending to be a man. Oh wait, ur pretending to be a man too.

So at least I tried Zigner just to come on a site and find a wonderful person like u, notice I didn't call u a man.
Thanx for ur advice and thanx for being an old miserable jerk.

Proserpina

Blue meanie: I talked to the phone and it spells what it wants.

Silver plum: 13 years ago my ex bragged about her mother owning shares in a refrigerated warehouse that she helped start up. Plus the half million in CDs in which I'm sure she got some.

Zigner: I came in here for advice. At least I'm trying to do something and have balls to ask. You on the other seem to be a miserable e little jerk and spend ur life on here insulting people instead of helping. This is the only way u can insult some one because if u did it in person your fatass wouldn't be able to run fast enough to get away. You hide in websites looking for the only sign of friendship u can find because nobody wants to talk to u. Wouldn't be if u were my ex pretending to be a man. Oh wait, ur pretending to be a man too.

So at least I tried Zigner just to come on a site and find a wonderful person like u, notice I didn't call u a man.
Thanx for ur advice and thanx for being an old miserable jerk.

Grow up. Twit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">