• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FLorida: Attorney files motion containing blatant slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ppetree

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I've had custody of my minor daughter for 3 years and filed for child support 19 months ago... this keep dragging on and on and on....

In opposing counsels latest filing she claims that telephonic attendance is necessary because my ex is afraid of me and that during the divorce (10 years ago) she had a restraining order.

Facts:
A) There was never a restraining order;
B) There is no history of violence or threats
C) My ex lives on one coast and I live on the other and she's always attends telephonically;
D) My ex abandoned the minor child and my door (hard to claim I'm dangerous, eh?).

How do I handle this?

Proserpina

I've had custody of my minor daughter for 3 years and filed for child support 19 months ago... this keep dragging on and on and on....

In opposing counsels latest filing she claims that telephonic attendance is necessary because my ex is afraid of me and that during the divorce (10 years ago) she had a restraining order.

Facts:
C) My ex lives on one coast and I live on the other and she's always attends telephonically;
D) My ex abandoned the minor child and my door (hard to claim I'm dangerous, eh?).

How do I handle this?

What are you trying to accomplish?

This is a child support hearing, yes? Why does it matter if the other parent appears telephonically?

sandyclaus

Facts:

How do I handle this?
You could let your attorney handle this.

If you don't want to do that, then you can argue that there never was a restraining order, that there is no history of threats or violence, and that your ex abandoned the child (how does one abandon a door??). And of course, if the ex lives on the other coast, they can say what they want, but of course, it would be more CONVENIENT to appear telephonically instead of having to face you in person in order to sling those false allegations around.

As for whether or not you are dangerous, your ex could have left because she was more afraid of you than she was of leaving the child with you. She may be claiming that you were violent or abusive with HER and not with the child.

But, seriously. If you don't yet have an attorney, GET ONE, and let them handle this for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">