• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Child Support Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlaDad352

Florida:

I have a divorce order that states I transfer my CS payments on the first of every month to my ex-wifes bank account. I have been meeting my obligation for over two years now flawlessly. She has now decided to apply for food stamps. I just received a "notice of proceeding to establish administrative support order" form the state. I called them and was informed that she did give them a copy of the divorce order and bank statements showing I had been paying. They informed me that because she is asking for assistance I may have to start paying through their system. I am more than meeting the needs of my children and don't want the state involved in it.

Is this legal?

How can a department of the state modify a judges order?

Silverplum

Florida:

I have a divorce order that states I transfer my CS payments on the first of every month to my ex-wifes bank account. I have been meeting my obligation for over two years now flawlessly. She has now decided to apply for food stamps. I just received a "notice of proceeding to establish administrative support order" form the state. I called them and was informed that she did give them a copy of the divorce order and bank statements showing I had been paying. They informed me that because she is asking for assistance I may have to start paying through their system. I am more than meeting the needs of my children and don't want the state involved in it.

Is this legal?

How can a department of the state modify a judges order?
Sure, it's legal.

Now that Mom is going to use state aid, the state is going to recover it via your CS payments. You pay the state instead of Mom directly.

You don't get a choice on this.

FlaDad352

Sure, it's legal.

Now that Mom is going to use state aid, the state is going to recover it via your CS payments. You pay the state instead of Mom directly.

You don't get a choice on this.
The amount will stay the same. How can they recover it via the payment? Unless they reduce the amount she receives.

Silverplum

The amount will stay the same. How can they recover it via the payment? Unless they reduce the amount she receives.
You don't know that the amount will remain the same.

State pays out money, State receives money. They think it works. It's not your concern, nor is it mine.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You don't know that the amount will remain the same.

State pays out money, State receives money. They think it works. It's not your concern, nor is it mine.
Actually food stamps don't get paid back. But CSEA does get involved to administer because they get poundage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">