• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to submit to a paternity test??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smithshe

Virginia

I recently found out that i am pregnant. I know 100% who the father is but i'm pretty sure i don't want to acknowledge him as the father. I can support myself and the child financially, with no need for child support from him, but i've already told him about my condition and he says he would like to be involved in the child's life.

He's not a mature, responsible person, and he's definitely not the kind of person who would be a good father in the long run.

I told him that i don't think he should be involved in the baby's life, and that if i'm not requesting child support from him, and if i don't acknowledge him as the father on the hospital birth certificate, he can't force me to submit to a paternity test.

However, he maintains that even if i don't request child support or acknowledge him as the father, he can take me to court and a judge will court-order me to submit my child to a paternity test.

Is this true?? :confused:

dallas702

Sure. Your baby is half his genes, and he is willing to pay and play with the child. What more could you want?

nextwife

Hmmm. And what if he told you he thought it best if YOU not be involved in his child's life, but that it was OK with him you didn't pay any cs TO HIM?

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)He's not a mature, responsible person, and he's definitely not the kind of person who would be a good father in the long run.(QUOTE)

You obviously are not mature yourself. :rolleyes: You did get yourself pregnant by this guy didn't you? Light bulb coming on yet?

Gracie3787

smithshe said:
Virginia

I recently found out that i am pregnant. I know 100% who the father is but i'm pretty sure i don't want to acknowledge him as the father. I can support myself and the child financially, with no need for child support from him, but i've already told him about my condition and he says he would like to be involved in the child's life.

He's not a mature, responsible person, and he's definitely not the kind of person who would be a good father in the long run.

I told him that i don't think he should be involved in the baby's life, and that if i'm not requesting child support from him, and if i don't acknowledge him as the father on the hospital birth certificate, he can't force me to submit to a paternity test.

However, he maintains that even if i don't request child support or acknowledge him as the father, he can take me to court and a judge will court-order me to submit my child to a paternity test.

IF he chooses, yes, he can get a court to order a DNA test, PLUS some form of custody, PLUS visitation.

The up side of this is that your child will have a FATHER. Now, if after the baby is born, you can prove that the father will be a true danger to his child, you may be able to keep him out of the child's life. However, unless you can do that, you need to get used to the fact that you did not create this child by yourself, the father will have rights, and your child will have the right to know his/her father.

NotSoNew

you CANT be serious! you think if you dont want anything from him he has no rights? thats HIS child just as much as it is yours and he has just as much right to be involved as you do!

if you didnt think he would be a good father then you shouldnt have gotten pregnant! now read some more posts so you can see what you will be dealing with for the rest of your life.

dallas702

Uhhhh...your momma did tell you that having intercourse (doin' the wild thing....excuse me "the wild thang") leads to pregnancy, didn't she?

Love is so grand. Now you will be tied to this hunk of manhood you wanted so badly for the rest of your life, or at least the rest of your child's life.

No matter what you think of him, he is one thing you are not, nor ever will be....a father. All children need their fathers, especially ones who care enough to want to be involved.

Well if it was that easy just to tell father's that they can't have rights to their own children simply because one does not demand child support, surely lots of people would have done it by now, dontcha think? I mean, sure, there are lots of preggo moms out there who have long since dropped the loser that impregnated them and have replaced him with a new, more fashionable dude that they'd prefer to play daddy. That would be a nice neat package, right?

Heh, if only it were THAT easy...

then again, Maury Povich wouldn't have a show.

AHA

smithshe said:
Virginia

Having a baby forces most people to become mature and responsible, so give him half a chance at being a dad to HIS child, he might surprise you and be a lot better parent than you will be.
How do you think your child is going to feel about your selfish attitude in denying him/her a father? Try explaining that to the kid when it asks for it's dad!
Having a baby should be about what's best for the baby, not about how someone you willingly had unprotected sex with, isn't good daddy material! This isn't about your total lack of judgement while horny as hell, this is about what the baby DESERVES and every child should be so lucky to have 2 parents that WANT to be in it's life.
If you deny this father the chance to be in his child's life then you are just a selfish little cow who has NO maturity what so ever. Ovulating doesn't make you more mature than a man who has working sperm!!! It's clear who the immature party is in this mess. Don't let the kid pay for your mistake, that's just what a sh*tty mom would do.

edit:
And NO, you won't be able to avoid him taking a paternity test just because YOU think you are so much better than daddy. You didn't create this child on your own, so as soon as the baby is out of your body he has just as much rights to the child as you do.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

dallas702 said:
Uhhhh...your momma did tell you that having intercourse (doin' the wild thing....excuse me "the wild thang") leads to pregnancy, didn't she?
Mommy told me it was watermellon seeds, you mean I have ben paying extra for seedless ones? "Wild Thang" :eek: OMG! That's the name of my Stallion :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">