• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraudulant daycare??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA
Mother is sending daughter to a good friends house for the summer that will not charge her for daycare, but will charge the father. Does the joint custody father have a say in where the child has daycare??

FreeBird16 said:
Mother is sending daughter to a good friends house for the summer that will not charge her for daycare, but will charge the father. Does the joint custody father have a say in where the child has daycare??

My response:

Sure he does!!

Take the issue to court, wait 6 months for your turn in front of the judge, after spending over $5,000.00 on attorney's fees and costs.

Gee, I'll bet this issue isn't so important anymore, is it?

IAAL

ceara19

FreeBird16 said:
How does the "friend" think she is going to get away with only charging DAD for the daycare?

FreeBird16 said:
Require that receipts for reimbursement include the daycare providers NAME, ADDRESS, and TAX ID# or SSN. Nobody wants a crazy Dad selling their info on the internet.

ceara19

Inquiry123 said:
Require that receipts for reimbursement include the daycare providers NAME, ADDRESS, and TAX ID# or SSN. Nobody wants a crazy Dad selling their info on the internet.
OR reporting her to the IRS for tax fraud.

I already see how they plan on pulling it off. They tell dad that he is paying the same amount mom is paying, only mom doesn't pay. Dad calls the IRS to let them know that the babysitter should be reporting $XXX (twice the amount HE is paying).

Or better yet, DAD declares to the IRS that he is actually paying the "friend" 5X's what he actually pays in order to get a HUGE tax credit and the friend ends up with a big tax bill for her trouble. Sure it's tax fraud, but who's going to report him? The mom & "friend" that ILLEGALLY scammed him in the first place?

ceara19

stealth2 said:
How about we start with how Dad "knows" all of this and how he can prove it?
I think that is why the OP is wondering if dad has any imput as to WHERE the child goes to daycare to begin with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">