• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frozen account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlmarino

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I originally started child support in Indiana. I moved to Florida so I transferred payments to my new home. I went to Indiana 4 yrs later to stop child support because me and their father are now living together and he fully supports us. A year later the state of Florida took his tax refund. I called the state of Florida and told them the support was stopped. He got his refund a week later. Now 5 months later the state of Florida froze our checking account. I went down to the child support office to find out whats going on. They sent a note and call to Tallahassee to unfreeze our account and told them it had been closed. We have an outstanding rent check and now no money for food and gas. There will be all sorts of fees etc. What can we do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">