• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FYI Missouri Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

What is the name of your state? MO

I had posted previously with questions regarding the NCP's ability to voluntarily pay child support w/out getting screwed with arrears, etc.

I spoke with my caseworker at CSE today, and I thought I'd pass on the information in case anyone else searches for info.

According to my caseworker, the NCP can pay child support directly to CSE in Jefferson City. This will result in what she called a voluntary order as long as the NCP includes on the check/money order the case number with CSE (so this only works if there's an active file and you're just waiting on orders). CSE will note the payment, and release the funds to the CP (unless the CP is on TANF, in which case they'll keep it).

Once the administrative order comes through, the money paid will be deducted from the arrears judgement, if any.

So, that's it. My little community service effort for the day.

CandiceH

FYI, the same scenario applies to NY and possibly MANY other states though it is HELL trying to get the money released. They will tell you that all you have to do is CALL - but it is not as simple as that. For everyone out there that may be involved in a situation like this, have open communication with CSEA and be extremely pleasant and patient.

Thanks for posting this CJane, I didnt know about this until recently.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">