• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garnished child support in bank. Parent passed away.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kddtwice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I have been getting child support payments garnished from my checks at work. My ex wife passed away 8 months ago. My kids are over 18 years old. The money is in bank acct and no one authorized to get it out. I called child support to find out what to do. They just said they cant do anything. What can i do to get that money back?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I have been getting child support payments garnished from my checks at work. My ex wife passed away 8 months ago. My kids are over 18 years old. The money is in bank acct and no one authorized to get it out. I called child support to find out what to do. They just said they cant do anything. What can i do to get that money back?
Do you owe arrears? If so then the money goes to your ex wife's estate. Someone has to open probate. If you are not in arrears, then you need to file with the child support office or the court to have it ordered to be stopped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">