• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

general testimony and modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macnkatz

What is the name of your state? TN
I currently have a order of support against the father, with my daughter and now I am adding my 7 year old son to this case. I have tried for the last 2 years to get him add but the cs office did nothing everytime i have asked but know they are trying go figure. They mailed me a general testimony paperwork... I do not work i stay at home with my two other children. I have got married back last year. since i don`t work can i show my husband income for the support used to take care if these kids because it is his money that is used to pay rent to buying a toy for a birth day ect...
Also the father on this case is suppose to carry insurance on the kids. His covage stated on the order is thought the indian hospital>>> I life in the state of TN which does not have a indian hospital.. So needless to say these kids do not have any insurance.. Can the court make him get normal insurance on these kids?

VeronicaGia

Let me get this straight.

You are a stay at home parent, therefore you do not contribute one dime to the support of your kids.

Your ex is following the court order by paying support (I presume) and having the child insured, but that's not enough for you. You want the court to force him to pay for some other insurance. You don't mention is his insurance is thru his employer or not. If it is, no way will a judge order him to get additional insurance.

For some reason, you never bothered informing the court about another child you had with the same guy. Now you want to add that child to the order, which by the way, won't give you much of an increase. How did the court allow you to ignore the other child?

You are also financially responsible for the support of your kids. If he decided to have kids with someone else and become a stay at home mom and not support the kids you have with him, would that be ok with you? It should, since you seem to think it's just find that you do it.

LdiJ

VeronicaGia said:
Let me get this straight.

You are a stay at home parent, therefore you do not contribute one dime to the support of your kids.

Your ex is following the court order by paying support (I presume) and having the child insured, but that's not enough for you. You want the court to force him to pay for some other insurance. You don't mention is his insurance is thru his employer or not. If it is, no way will a judge order him to get additional insurance.

For some reason, you never bothered informing the court about another child you had with the same guy. Now you want to add that child to the order, which by the way, won't give you much of an increase. How did the court allow you to ignore the other child?

You are also financially responsible for the support of your kids. If he decided to have kids with someone else and become a stay at home mom and not support the kids you have with him, would that be ok with you? It should, since you seem to think it's just find that you do it.
Its perfectly acceptable for her current husband to take on her share of the obligation to support the children. That is a family decision that the two of them have made, and NO ONE HERE has a right to second guess that decision. It would also be equally acceptable if he chose to be a stay at home dad, and his wife took over his child support obligation for him.

It really bugs me how all of you hammer on the issue of the "parent must work" even if their obligation to support their child is being met. If its not...then its absolutely right to tell them to get a job....however when their share IS covered, its ridiculous. There is nothing dishonorable about a spouse taking on the other spouse's share of the obligation to support the kids. Its a perfectly legitimate decision for a family to make.

haiku

well if SHE is the one who moved away from an available 'indian" hospital, than why should dad be required to pick up the difference?

Though most ins. including 'indian" ones, will provide coverage for out of network divorced families, if the situation is explained, so she might want to explore that option....

and veronica is quite correct, the addition of a child to a court order results in a very SMALL increase, because the majority of the order is placed with the oldest child of said order.

(and in my opinion (worthless, I know....lol) instead of complaining as a stay at home mom that you have no money because the ex is not paying thier 'half" how bout you get a job, while waiting for new court orders, if you are not making it financially in your marriage. I am a SAHM, and my husband PAYS support. if suddenly we could not "get by" I think I would be getting myself a job, ya know, not just depending on the men in my life to support me...)

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

LdiJ said:
Its perfectly acceptable for her current husband to take on her share of the obligation to support the children. That is a family decision that the two of them have made, and NO ONE HERE has a right to second guess that decision. It would also be equally acceptable if he chose to be a stay at home dad, and his wife took over his child support obligation for him.

It really bugs me how all of you hammer on the issue of the "parent must work" even if their obligation to support their child is being met. If its not...then its absolutely right to tell them to get a job....however when their share IS covered, its ridiculous. There is nothing dishonorable about a spouse taking on the other spouse's share of the obligation to support the kids. Its a perfectly legitimate decision for a family to make.
Because the state of TN clearly states that both PARENTS are financially responsible for the support of their children. Not step parents, not siblings, friends, live in roommates, or anyone else. Both PARENTS.

She's complaining that he's not paying for one child, but she's not paying for either child. She has no right to complain. Equal rights = equal RESPONSIBILITY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">