• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gets paid under the table

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mali

What is the name of your state?Florida

For the past 2 years my ex has paid me child support without a court order. He doesn't pay insurance or half of any medical bills. All he pays is $200.00 per month for one child. She is 7 and he hasn't paid me back for the 5 years that he refused to be in the picture.

To protect myself, in case he wants to move off somewhere, I want things to be legal.

What amount should I ask for if I don't want him to carry insurance on her, but expect half of all medical, dental and vision as well as mental health (as needed)?

I think that he gets paid 75% of his wages under the table, how can the court decide an approiate amount if he does get paid under the table? Does the rate go up since he isn't going to be holding insurance on her? Will he be responsible for back payments as well?

Gracie3787

mali said:
What is the name of your state?Florida

For the past 2 years my ex has paid me child support without a court order. He doesn't pay insurance or half of any medical bills. All he pays is $200.00 per month for one child. She is 7 and he hasn't paid me back for the 5 years that he refused to be in the picture.

To protect myself, in case he wants to move off somewhere, I want things to be legal.

What amount should I ask for if I don't want him to carry insurance on her, but expect half of all medical, dental and vision as well as mental health (as needed)?

I think that he gets paid 75% of his wages under the table, how can the court decide an approiate amount if he does get paid under the table? Does the rate go up since he isn't going to be holding insurance on her? Will he be responsible for back payments as well?
The amount of CS will be based on your and his combined incomes, not what you ask for.

You can find all the family law forms at www.flcourts.org/osca/divisions/family/bin/index.html#forms

You can find the CS statutes in Chapter 61 of the Fl. Statutes at www.flsenate.gov/statutes

The CS will be ordered back to the date of filing only.

If you believe that he is getting paid under the table you will need some kind of proof to show the court.
Good luck to you.

VeronicaGia

Technically without a court order, he doesn't have to pay you anything. And unless the court orders it, he is not responsible for 1/2 of medical bills or medical coverage.

Keep in mind that he can also file for visitation and/or some level of custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">