• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Child support from Ex-husband on Felony probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabbipatticake

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

My Ex husband plead guilty to a Felony for aggravated battery in our domestic abuse case while i was carrying our twins. As a result he was given 8 years felony probation in lieu of 8 years hard labor with an obligation of family support as a condition of sentence suspension, therefore;

***Can he be in violation of his probation if he doesn't show up to court for the new pending child support case?

***If so, what would be his consequences and can a family lawyer help if the family support courts does not enforce the judgement/ruling?

***What additional options do I have in order to make sure that he pays child support?

***********This is Not A Double or Triple post this question is specific to this forum**********************

Additional Details:

We have a total of 3 kids - 1 4-year old with PDD-NOS and a set of 9 month old twins. Also he is a repeat offender with a history of abuse against multiple women

Last edited:

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

My Ex husband plead guilty to a Felony for aggravated battery in our domestic abuse case while i was carrying our twins. As a result he was given 8 years felony probation in lieu of 8 years hard labor with an obligation of family support as a condition of sentence suspension, therefore;

***Can he be in violation of his probation if he doesn't show up to court for the new pending child support case?

***If so, what would be his consequences and can a family lawyer help if the family support courts does not enforce the judgement/ruling?

***What additional options do I have in order to make sure that he pays child support?

Additional Details:

We have a total of 3 kids - 1 4-year old with PDD-NOS and a set of 9 month old twins. Also he is a repeat offender with a history of abuse against multiple women
Double post . Posted in Parole / sentencing .

Crabbipatticake

No, each question is similar but not the same. All questions regard the same situation but they each contain different but specific questions according the topic

ecmst12

Doesn't matter. Don't start multiple threads about the same situation. Keep all related questions in ONE THREAD.

Double post . Posted in Parole / sentencing .
Not that she should be posting willy nilly...but I check the child support forum almost daily and NEVER have even looked at Parole/sentencing...I could see where this question might apply in both places, especially since I'm guessing a lot of people that look at Parole/sentencing don't look at the child custody section.

Know what I mean?:)

Crabbipatticake

Doesn't matter. Don't start multiple threads about the same situation. Keep all related questions in ONE THREAD.
I'm sorry but I disagree. It is my belief that my question applies to all of my concerns below regarding

Restitution - Domestic Violence forum
Child support - Child support Forum
His consequences of probation violation - Parole forum

I have the right to be fully informed and get the some answers from anyone who has experienced any or all parts of the following situation. Thank You :)

BL

I'm sorry but I disagree. It is my belief that my question applies to all of my concerns below regarding

I have the right to be fully informed and get the some answers from anyone who has experienced any or all parts of the following situation. Thank You :)
Have fun then . We volunteers " have a right ? " :rolleyes: to not answer your question if you're going to start multiple threads with different dialog .

I for one am not a volunteer to go on a hunt to see what else your substance is all about .

Good day .:)

Proserpina

Sure, you have the right to be fully informed. You have every right to pay at least two attorneys (one versed in family law, the other in criminal) to explain the minutiae to you.

You actually have no inherent rights on this forum, however.

:cool:

Crabbipatticake

Well if my post annoys you then "DO NOT ANSWER my questions" it's just as simple as that.

Seems as though you don't know the answers anyways being that you haven't posted anything that was actually helpful.

Also, forums are free and I do have the right to ask any question that I want as long as it doesn't spread a hate message or demean anyone. The internet is the information superhighway and since the forum is open to the public I have the right to seek information from it and if no one likes it then the forum should be private.

People stop getting your panties in a bunch GEEZE!

Goodnight :)

Last edited:

BL

Well if my post annoys you then "DO NOT ANSWER my questions" it's just as simple as that.

Seems as though you don't know the answers anyways being that you haven't posted anything that was actually helpful.
Also, forums are free and I do have the right to ask any question that I want as long as it doesn't spread a hate message or demean anyone. The internet is the information superhighway and since the forum is open to the public I have the right to seek information from it and if no one likes it then the forum should be private.

Oh , just not the answers you wanted to here .

Sorry the crystall ball ( where is that dang thing now ? ) is somewhere .

Proserpina

You don't have any right to post here.

NONE of us do. Posting here is, like driving, a privilege. And one which can be revoked at any time.

:cool:

Now, you have an awesome night. Try losing your attitude if you actually want some help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Here's the thing... All of us - yourself included - post here at the discretion of the owners and their representatives (i.e. Admins and Mods). As stated earlier - it's a privilege, not a right. And while the boards are open to the public, they are not really "public" in the sense that you can do as you like.

CAN you post across multiple boards? Sure. But.... those of us who volunteer here CAN refuse to help you.

There is a reason why we - the volunteers - ask that you choose one board on which to post, and that you then keep your posts together. It helps us see the situation in it's entirety, in one place. Most of us have jobs, families, kids. We post here to help others, just as we were helped in the past. Having all of your information together allows us to do so as efficiently as possible. Spreading it around makes it more difficult for us. And that... makes us somewhat testy. Because it takes time away from others who may need help, but also from our own families and other obligations.

Hopefully that makes some sense to you, and you will help us help you by sticking with one board. If it doesn't, or if you won't, then my best advice is to speak with a local attorney. At least s/he will be compensated for his/her time.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">