• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting child support from father out of US?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janizary

My son is now 9 years old. I have not married his father. His father (unmarried) has not been around for years and is a citizen of the Czech Republic. He refuses to even pay child support. How can I get him to pay child support?

Proserpina

My son is now 9 years old. I have not married his father. His father (unmarried) has not been around for years and is a citizen of the Czech Republic. He refuses to even pay child support. How can I get him to pay child support?

You're going to have a hard time even if it's possible.

While the US does have a reciprocal agreement with the Czech Republic, this doesn't mean (in practical terms) that they'll actually spend the time to find this guy and enforce the order.

Has he been court ordered to pay child support?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">