• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting child support raised/modified

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarah79

What is the name of your state? Kansas
When I filed for divorce nearly 2 years ago after my ex left me with no job no car and a butt load of bills to pay off, I wasnt paying anything for medical or dental (my job at the time was super nice to pay that for me) and I was paying nothing for childcare. Now 2 years later I am paying about 100 a month for medical and dental and also 243 a month for daycare. I know its possible to petition for it to be modified however I am making almost 4 dollars more an hour now and he is still making 7.50 an hr I have done the online payment calculator thing and since our daughter is now 7 that bumps it up along with the medical and daycare from what he is now paying thing is he has already called to get the order modified and they told him that they wouldnt even think of looking at the case until 2007 is this correct or is it that he didnt have a good reason to modify the order? and if that is the case should i hire a lawyer or is it possible for me to petition the courts on my own? I am also thinking of petitioning for sole custody so should i petition for all of it at once when I find out if I stand a good chance of getting sole custody he hasnt seen the kids in 2 years as of this coming July (see post in the custody section if you wish) I am so confused anymore with the legal aspect of all of this he has been in contempt since he has moved at least 4 times since we have been divorced without notifying me which by kansas law he must give 30 days notice but at the same time he says im in contempt for not having a phone so he cant contact his children ( he lives 18 hrs away in Ohio) and frankly I am afraid that if I open the can of "hes in contempt" worms he will do the same to me and make this whole thing as messy as he can

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">