• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Original CA, CP KY, NCP MO

I'm in the middle of working with CS enforcement and I'm getting confused. I'm hoping you all may be able to clear things up.

My ex has asked me to help him get the cs order changed to reflect our oldest child aging out. Kentucky does not allow pro se filings for child support so it's either go through an attorney or go through enforcement. I'm not going to pay an attorney for my ex so I went to enforcement. I did the paperwork etc and went to meet with the caseworker yesterday. She is filing to have the order domesticated to Kentucky, requested Missouri to enforce the order and for Missouri to modify the order. She did this with the original order. Which is more than what my ex has been paying, cost of living in Kentucky is obviously less than California so I wasn't stressing.
Thoughts on if Missouri will modify the order? Ex's income has gone down by about 10% from the original order. Also, Missouri's age out is pushed to 21 if the child is in college, which our oldest is. I don't think they can change it to 21 can they?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">