• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

My husband got custody of my step son about 2 1/2 years ago. No child support was awarded b/c mother was unemployed at time of custody change. My husband tried to get cs about a year and a half ago. CSE said that since he couldn't produce any paycheck stubs for the mother, he had to wait 3 years from the time of the custody change. I know that new cs laws are going to be taking place here shortly, I think in June or July. I'm glad for the new laws because the mother see's her son MAYBE 2 times a year, that's it. I know that helps determine support. Hopefully, he can get more out of her since she does,NOTHING for her son.. Well, since the new laws that effect this summer, will cse just look at the time from the new law(June/July) to December, when my husband can file for support? That part confuses me the most.. Also, I've tried doing some searches to look at the new laws and I really can't find what I'm looking for. Maybe one of you have it bookmarked.. If you do, could you post the link for me?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

nextwife

Was any CS awarded? What about the NCPs share of health insurance and OOP medical? Is an income imputed to her?

They'd NEVER simply NOT award CS (except for serious infirmity) if NCP were male.

NO CS AT ALL!! Me & my hubby cover EVERYTHING for him. Medical, dental, clothes, everything. She's a bartender not claiming tips, so it looks like she's unemployed. We know where she works, but she's friends with the owner of the place, so it all works out for her. My husband asks her to help out and she always says no, she says since he lives with my husband and I, we need to pay for everything. We feel his lawyer could have done more, but the custody change was done on winter break and we didn't want to prolong him getting into school here since he needed the custody papers to get registered..

Silverplum

nextwife said:
Was any CS awarded? What about the NCPs share of health insurance and OOP medical? Is an income imputed to her?

They'd NEVER simply NOT award CS (except for serious infirmity) if NCP were male.
So true, so true, so true. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">