• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting daycare sign in and out sheets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gracie3787

It sounds to me like DAD is trying to be able to spend more time with his child. It also sounds to me like MOM is trying to keep the child away from her DAD, even if that means leaving said child in the care of strangers.
Uh huh, it also sounds like the Mom is a vindictive control freak.
Good Lord, how in the world could a reasonable person believe that Dad having access to HIS child's day care records could possibly be an invasion of Mom's privacy?

G.Moes

Uh huh, it also sounds like the Mom is a vindictive control freak.
Good Lord, how in the world could a reasonable person believe that Dad having access to HIS child's day care records could possibly be an invasion of Mom's privacy?
Some people on these board are just judgemental and rude. She came on to ask if he had rights and everyone jumps down her back and only a few answered the question. All her posting have been polite yet some of the responses like the above are uncall for like the OG FACTOR guy. Everyone has a story and their own pov of situation. To call one vindictive control freak because she was asking if he had rights to these documents? Sound like the vindicitive control freak is the ex- cause why is he asking for time sheet when it isn't his time?

The point is that people come to these boards hoping to find some answer to their question and be so rude in some these message is just so sad to see.
I'm glad she got her answer from whomever she spoke to.

G. Moes

dad43

it's not an invasion of privacy. and yes you surely could call grandma and find out when your child was picked up or dropped off to her. i think both parents should always know where their child is. also, wether he wanted to pay child care or not, a portion of his child support, goes to child care. also, if he got reamrried and his new spouse wants to babysit, why stop them? i tell my wife all the time, she's a glorified live in nanny when it comes to my kids, and she agrees;)

Proserpina

Some people on these board are just judgemental and rude. She came on to ask if he had rights and everyone jumps down her back and only a few answered the question. All her posting have been polite yet some of the responses like the above are uncall for like the OG FACTOR guy. Everyone has a story and their own pov of situation. To call one vindictive control freak because she was asking if he had rights to these documents? Sound like the vindicitive control freak is the ex- cause why is he asking for time sheet when it isn't his time?

The point is that people come to these boards hoping to find some answer to their question and be so rude in some these message is just so sad to see.

G. Moes
I'll make sure you receive your refund promptly.

(for what it's worth she was given the correct legal answer....and it wasn't from the attorney she claimed...)

LdiJ

it's not an invasion of privacy. and yes you surely could call grandma and find out when your child was picked up or dropped off to her. i think both parents should always know where their child is. also, wether he wanted to pay child care or not, a portion of his child support, goes to child care. also, if he got reamrried and his new spouse wants to babysit, why stop them? i tell my wife all the time, she's a glorified live in nanny when it comes to my kids, and she agrees;)
Dad, you have to understand that the courts won't agree with you on the stepparent babysitting bit. If DAD is available to babysit on mom's time instead of the child going to daycare that's one thing, but dad's wife?..no a court won't force a parent to do that.

dad43

Dad, you have to understand that the courts won't agree with you on the stepparent babysitting bit. If DAD is available to babysit on mom's time instead of the child going to daycare that's one thing, but dad's wife?..no a court won't force a parent to do that.
sorry about that. i wasn't saying a court would force it, i just meant it as more a suggestion of why not?

Gracie3787

G. Moes
The problem wasn't with the OP's asking the question.
The problem came when the OP was given the answer and then still continued to whine and complain about Dad having access to HIS child's records, continuing to call it an invasion of HER privacy.

Now, if after recieving the answer, OP had simply stated something like- okay, I don't like the answer but I understand, then none of the other comments would have been made.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

G. Moes
You came here, created an account and made exactly ONE post. Tell me, what have YOU contributed?

Signed:

The OG GUY!

G.Moes

Confirmation that we are indeed correct? :D

(very generous of him if that's the case, but not entirely necessary)

I created an account for a different matter and came across this board and just wonder why some felt the need to attack the OP. I didn't see it on other boards.

Someone else said that she whine when she got the answer therefore she got attacked. I don't see where she was whine about it. Granted, she may have not liked the answer but she seemed to just want to understand more of why he should be allowed when it's her custody time. It seems like a highly emotionally charged situation for her and she probably couldn't step back and see that some where just pointing out their knowledge of law.

Family law isn't my profession so I don't know who's right but I did ask someone I know who owns several daycare business and she said that this situation actually happens alot.

From the daycare pov time sheets are not legal documents.Time sheets are infomational sheets and are only kept for 30days until they are shredded. She said they don't give copies for the fact it is violating the privacy issues of the other parents and children at the daycare. She says that daycare won't get involved with custody dispute and would tell the parent they need to get a subpoena for these records. She said in her 20+ years in daycare she's only seen a couple of subpoenas.

G.Moes

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry that you found a daycare provider who would willingly interfere with the rights of a PARENT. Just because she hasn't suffered consequences for it in the past doesn't mean that what she is doing is right.

As for as "privacy" for the other parents...look up the meaning of redaction.

I created an account for a different matter and came across this board and just wonder why some felt the need to attack the OP. I didn't see it on other boards.

Someone else said that she whine when she got the answer therefore she got attacked. I don't see where she was whine about it. Granted, she may have not liked the answer but she seemed to just want to understand more of why he should be allowed when it's her custody time. It seems like a highly emotionally charged situation for her and she probably couldn't step back and see that some where just pointing out their knowledge of law.

Family law isn't my profession so I don't know who's right but I did ask someone I know who owns several daycare business and she said that this situation actually happens alot.

From the daycare pov time sheets are not legal documents.Time sheets are infomational sheets and are only kept for 30days until they are shredded. She said they don't give copies for the fact it is violating the privacy issues of the other parents and children at the daycare. She says that daycare won't get involved with custody dispute and would tell the parent they need to get a subpoena for these records. She said in her 20+ years in daycare she's only seen a couple of subpoenas.

G.Moes

Proserpina

I don't see where she was whine about it. Granted, she may have not liked the answer but she seemed to just want to understand more of why he should be allowed when it's her custody time. It seems like a highly emotionally charged situation for her and she probably couldn't step back and see that some where just pointing out their knowledge of law.
You perceived it one way, someone else perceived it differently.

From the daycare pov time sheets are not legal documents.Time sheets are infomational sheets and are only kept for 30days until they are shredded. She said they don't give copies for the fact it is violating the privacy issues of the other parents and children at the daycare.
That is not always the case.

When bringing your child in to the program PLEASE make sure you WALK with your child into the
building and let the staff know that your child has arrived. DO NOT just drop off your child at the
curb or outside the door. If you continue to do this your childcare services will be terminated.
When picking up your child you MUST come in and sign your child out. Parents need to sign the child
out and not the child themselves. This is considered a legal document and can be used in some cases
to show a child was in attendance.

Identification will be asked for until the staff get to know the parents.
(From Augusta, ME Childcare Bureau Handbook http://www.ci.augusta.me.us/docs/childcare/parent_handbook_2008_2009.pdf)

Additionally, many day care centers (far too many to list) advise parents to keep a copy of the attendance/time-sheet for their own records. One of the more obvious reasons?

Sometimes a parent will need to prove attendance in order to be reimbursed for, or prove eligibility for, financial aid for day care costs.

There is no privacy issue here. And unless they are orders saying otherwise, that parent is absolutely entitled to the information - if the parent asks and comes up against a wall, the day-care provider is going to need a pretty solid reason for refusing.

But as none of us know everything, ask your friend if there is there an unusual local statute covering this. Give her a call and ask her what rule or law she's following.

Zephyr

I just want to clarify, just because a document is not a "legal document" does not mean a parent isn't entitled to it.....

medical records aren't legal documents:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">