• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting father name changed on birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KeshaHogan

What is the name of your state? Texas

The father which has sign the borth certificate is not the biological father. We have not had any DNA tests done we automatically know it because we weren't together at the time of consumption. My question is how do I go about getting the biological father name on the birth certificate so, I can file child support on him. If anyone can help me please respond back.

BelizeBreeze

KeshaHogan said:

The father which has sign the borth certificate is not the biological father. We have not had any DNA tests done we automatically know it because we weren't together at the time of consumption. My question is how do I go about getting the biological father name on the birth certificate so, I can file child support on him. If anyone can help me please respond back.
a little cart before the horse there kid.

First, you need to file for support which will require a DNA test. However, because you have already falsified an official document you may run into trouble.

If you were married to the father at the time of conception or birth or months after, then you may have a presumed father. In which case, you have no grounds in which to file for paternity.

So, how about a few facts.

plp

KeshaHogan said:

It's not the time of consumption that you should be worrying about. It's after....especially if the consumption was of alcohol and led to the conception.:p

KeshaHogan

I have 2 other children by the father who name is on the birth certificate. We have never been married or even common law married. I ahven't falsified any documents. The father of my other 2 children was in the delivery room with me and for some odd reason he signed the birth certificate even though he knew the child was not his. I didn't realize this until I started the process of child support a year ago. Neither father wants to take a DNA test but, the biological one is wiling to step up and pay child support.

KeshaHogan said:
The bio father didn't sign because I never told him about me being pregnant.
wow thats kinda ****ed up.....you didn't tell him he knocked ya up but now you want his money? Why didn't you tell him he was going to be a dad?

ceara19

KeshaHogan said:
I have 2 other children by the father who name is on the birth certificate. We have never been married or even common law married. I ahven't falsified any documents. The father of my other 2 children was in the delivery room with me and for some odd reason he signed the birth certificate even though he knew the child was not his. I didn't realize this until I started the process of child support a year ago. Neither father wants to take a DNA test but, the biological one is wiling to step up and pay child support.
It was YOUR responsibility to correct this BEFORE it was sent to the state. But had you been a responsible kind of person, you wouldn't have THREE kids out of wedlock. If the biological father doesn't WANT the DNA test, why would he want to pay child support for a child that may not be his? You've already proven yourself to be dishonest, so I don't see why he would just "take your word" that this child is his. What's the rest of the story here?

nextwife

How many years of his child's childhood did YOU choose to rob him of potentially sharing? YOU made a unilateral choice to deprive him of any opportunity to be a dad to his child. You didn't want him to be dad, and guess what, now he's NOT. I always love it when Mom's ONLY want a guy to have the financial part of being Dad, but not the Dad part of being Dad. How would you have liked it if someone stole your child for a bunch of years and then showed up and said "I've taken your child and someone else and I have been raising your child, now pay me money for doing so"

Last edited:
KeshaHogan said:
He signed the BC for "some odd reason". Hmmmmmm? Did he do it when you were in the bathroom? Doesn't sound right and quite frankly you're a little triflin if you ask me. Please tell me you got your tubes tied after baby out of wedlock #3.

Bottom line is that you'll need to go through the courts. Bio dad would be wise to request a paternity test. You can't just go taking someones name off a BC because you did a pi$$-poor job keeping your baby-daddies straight.

KeshaHogan

ajritter04 said:
wow thats kinda ****ed up.....you didn't tell him he knocked ya up but now you want his money? Why didn't you tell him he was going to be a dad?
I would have told him if I thought it was his. But, when I first got pregnant I just automatically assumed it was the guy I have other kids by. The bio father we just was together only one time. Even though I know all it takes is one time. But, that was the only reason behind that.

KeshaHogan

AmarieNorton said:
He signed the BC for "some odd reason". Hmmmmmm? Did he do it when you were in the bathroom? Doesn't sound right and quite frankly you're a little triflin if you ask me. Please tell me you got your tubes tied after baby out of wedlock #3.

Bottom line is that you'll need to go through the courts. Bio dad would be wise to request a paternity test. You can't just go taking someones name off a BC because you did a pi$$-poor job keeping your baby-daddies straight.
Bio dad doesn't want a paternity test because he knows that it is his child. If you must know the guy who signed the birth certificate done it when I was in surgery. He's the person that was going to take care of her and who still takes care of her. It has nothing to do with the money. I don't need the bio money but, if he's not going to take care of his child I feel he should pay child support. No other man should be doing that. I don't see how you feel I am triflin. Yes, if you must know I did get my tubes tied after my last child. But, it was only because of medical reasons.

KeshaHogan

nextwife said:
How many years of his child's childhood did YOU choose to rob him of potentially sharing? YOU made a unilateral choice to deprive him of any opportunity to be a dad to his child. You didn't want him to be dad, and guess what, now he's NOT. I always love it when Mom's ONLY want a guy to have the financial part of being Dad, but not the Dad part of being Dad. How would you have liked it if someone stole your child for a bunch of years and then showed up and said "I've taken your child and someone else and I have been raising your child, now pay me money for doing so"
No, if he wanted to be a father to his child he's able to. When my child was born I let him knew I had had the baby. He has every opportunity to be a father. My child is only one. He has only picked her up 3 times out of her life. When I walk on my porch I'm looking straight at his house. So, he has every opportunity in the world to be a part of his child's life he just chooses not to. I would prefer not to have to go through child support and he stepping up and being the dad he needs to be. But, I can't force a person to grow up and do the things that need to be done on their part. Most of y'all are taking it the wrong way. He has been around the child and has known he was the father once she was her in the world. I haven't taken away any years or anythign from him.

KeshaHogan

ceara19 said:
It was YOUR responsibility to correct this BEFORE it was sent to the state. But had you been a responsible kind of person, you wouldn't have THREE kids out of wedlock. If the biological father doesn't WANT the DNA test, why would he want to pay child support for a child that may not be his? You've already proven yourself to be dishonest, so I don't see why he would just "take your word" that this child is his. What's the rest of the story here?
I had already signed the birth certificate before I went into surgery. I told the staff at the hospital that I was't going to put a father's name on the birth certificate. You don't know what kind of person I am because you don't know me. All while I had these kids out of wedlock I was engaged to the father. But, the father turned out to be abusive and a cheater and there wasn't a reason for me to spend the rest of my life with someone like that. Unlike anyone that is giving me advice on this issue, the biological father "KNOWS ME" and you don't. He knows the type of person I am and that I was only with him at that time. All I asked was advice on how to go about changing a name on a bitrh certificate. I'm far from being dishonest I just made a mistake about the time when I conceived my child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">