• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting proof what the child support is used for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladytrdriver

What is the name of your state? TN
I would like to know if there is any way to make the mother show proof of what she is using the money for??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Not in TN. And generally, the courts figure that if teh kid is fed, clothed & housed - CS is being used appropriately. They do not want to micromanage this crap.

BelizeBreeze

ladytrdriver said:
What is the name of your state? TN
I would like to know if there is any way to make the mother show proof of what she is using the money for??
Sure there is.....quit your job, shadow her 24/7 and write down every penny she spends. :rolleyes:

HILLBILLIES!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

gatorguy3

It's not about being a hillbilly so thanks for the stereotype.

I am an american father and I believe the money should be accounted for as well.

There should be a law in place to force them to show where the money is going and not just to electric and cable and phone bills or to grocery bills alone.

There should be a percentage allowed for such things and then caring specifically for the child is necessary.

haiku

gatorguy3 said:
It's not about being a hillbilly so thanks for the stereotype.

I am an american father and I believe the money should be accounted for as well.

There should be a law in place to force them to show where the money is going and not just to electric and cable and phone bills or to grocery bills alone.

There should be a percentage allowed for such things and then caring specifically for the child is necessary.

Once the child support leaves your hands it is no longer your money. using the child suport money say entirely on the rent, or entirely on the months grocery bill, frees up more of the 'other money" in the house to be used on the children.

I could care less if my husbands ex uses the support money to pay rent, groceries or utilities, or even too many "toys" because last I checked they were not living in a homeless shelter, so she must be spending something on them. We may not like HOW she spends it, or how they choose to live, but after all they did divorce for a reason......

now if the kids are living in a shelter, or dressed in rags or at the hospital for malnutrition you may have an argument, but I think it is a bigger one than just what the child support is spent on.

UMgoblue

"You can't control her now..."

Texas

It's like the judge said when my ex-husband asked if his child support money could be accounted for... The judge stated "sir, if you wanted to control her, you should have stayed married!"

Do your children surf the internet? Watch TV? Play video games? Shower? Eat? etc... then obviously she is supporting them. So who cares if she signs the CS check over to the utility company.. aren't your children using the utilities? So wouldn't that mean that she is allocating it properly? Just look at it that way! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">