• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Go to court March 8, NEED HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LeahWoodP

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA. I live in the State of Fl.,but my case is in the State of New York. Five Years ago, my then 13 year old had me arrested for child abuse. The State of FL. sent her to New York to live with her father. One and a half years later, she ran away from her fathers house, drug her father and stepmother thru the court and won to live elsewhere,got pregnant, had a baby, got on Public Assistance,and now the State of New York is coming to me for the money that they paid her.She was 18 when she applied for Public Assistance,and recieved it for 4 months. Her father and stepmother proved they had an open door policy, so they avoided child support payments.I can't get Legal Aid in Panama City FL.,because no one here practices Law in New York, And I can,t get Legal Aid in New York, because I,m not a resident of that state. Can anyone give me some advice that will help me in my case? My daughter thinks I,m out to take her baby, my granddaughter, away from her, and threatened me with my life. I,m not out to take the baby away from her. She is 19 now and suporting herself and her baby. The State wont go after the baby,s dad because he,s a drug addict,and is in rehab. How can I beat this, and make sure that this doesnt happen again. ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Thanks.

Shay-Pari'e

What a load of Crap. I'll answer one question for you.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A RESIDENT OF NY TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY IN NY.

Hire the attorney, problem solved. Great parenting skills bye the way. You abuse your kid, she gets sent away, she is now a run away with a child, and your worrying about the money you owed the state.

Good job mother.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">