• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got the shaft...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cc423

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Was divorced 5 years ago in Ohio. At that time my lawyer told me I would never get awarded ex to pay half of college costs. Would it be worth going after now?
Also, Child Support was ordered and he played the typical game of quitting his job and playing "poor". He works under the table for cash although of course I cannot "prove" anything. He was ordered to get a job & we all thought he had one. Now turns out, CS was being paid from a monthly "royalty" check. I just found this out. At our last hearing I argued that they should use his "potential" earnings as he had earned 75-100k during our 15 year marriage. I was stay at home mom. Now he makes less then 8K. CSEA didn't use his potential earnings so he's barely paid any cs.
Now he has cashed out a 401k awarded to me also.
Time to go back to court and wasted more $$.
Any idea how I can force CSEA to reopen this?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">