Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PattiMay is offline Junior Member

Harassment and child support

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

My husband is in arrears to the tune of about 17000$. His ex wife calls at least once a month asking if we are going to pay it this month. Can she do this?

She has also told some of our friends about his arrears as well as his warrant, and tonight was the last straw when she made a facebook page with pictures of all his warrants and his child support payment history. She calls him a child support evader, and a deadbeat. She also complained about our trip to great wold lodge with our family this weekend... and that we spent money that we didnt have, or we were really avoiding paying support on purpose. She has pictures of my husband with alcohol and has a photo that says "if you can afford bear, you can afford your child support" We want to sue her for this harassment but where do we start?

Is it possible that we could get the children and have the arrears reversed because of this incident? She clearly is psycho.

Help us! This is damaging our reputation and causing harm to our family, my son is being made fun of at school and one little boy has a police officer for a father, and we are afraid this will lead to my husbands arrest.
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PattiMay View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

My husband is in arrears to the tune of about 17000$. His ex wife calls at least once a month asking if we are going to pay it this month. Can she do this?

She has also told some of our friends about his arrears as well as his warrant, and tonight was the last straw when she made a facebook page with pictures of all his warrants and his child support payment history. She calls him a child support evader, and a deadbeat. She also complained about our trip to great wold lodge with our family this weekend... and that we spent money that we didnt have, or we were really avoiding paying support on purpose. She has pictures of my husband with alcohol and has a photo that says "if you can afford bear, you can afford your child support" We want to sue her for this harassment but where do we start?

Is it possible that we could get the children and have the arrears reversed because of this incident? She clearly is psycho.

Help us! This is damaging our reputation and causing harm to our family, my son is being made fun of at school and one little boy has a police officer for a father, and we are afraid this will lead to my husbands arrest.
    You're kidding, right? Your husband IS a deadbeat!
    ecmst12 is offline Senior Member
    I say good for mom. If dad's own conscience won't make him support his children, maybe public embarrassment will.
    mistoffolees is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmst12 View Post
    I say good for mom. If dad's own conscience won't make him support his children, maybe public embarrassment will.
    I agree.

And Great Wolf Lodge isn't cheap. A couple of nights there would have knocked a grand off the arrears.
    We do make payments just not every month, with car payments and stuff we dont have the money to always make the payment. not being able to pay does not make him a deadbeat.

The 450 a month the court ordered for two kids is as insane as she is. Its an old order 10 years old this year and she wont have it lowered. if the court cant use my income then he is paying too much a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistoffolees View Post
    I agree.

And Great Wolf Lodge isn't cheap. A couple of nights there would have knocked a grand off the arrears.

are we not allowed to have fun too? She went on a cruise last year, its not like she is hurting for money.
    WittyUserName is offline Senior Member
    are we not allowed to have fun too? She went on a cruise last year, its not like she is hurting for money.
    Oh, whatever. Dad is in arrears, and you are just as bad for wanting to use Mom's truth-telling to change custody. Dad. Owes. The. Money. And is not paying.
    Ergo, a deadbeat.

Your excuses matter not in a court of law.
    ecmst12 is offline Senior Member
    Dad is allowed to have fun AFTER his obligations are met, not before or at the expense of them.
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member

You're kidding, right?

450 a month - for two kids? And it hasn't changed in what...10 years?

I hope Mom goes back soon to modify.
    mistoffolees is offline Senior Member
    Whether she is hurting for money is irrelevant.

Dad owes $17 K and has a warrant out. Paying his debt should come before splurging on an expensive vacation.

Are you allowed to have fun? Sure. Go out in the backyard and play catch with the kids. Have a picnic. Watch a movie on TV. Go to the library and borrow books to read together. Lots of things you can do for money - without spending MOM's money.
    Why should my son suffer because of hers? this is his family now, she should take care of her own. she uses this money for all kinds of stuff not for the kids. because of her our credit is screwed up and we have to move and change jobs all the time because he cant pay rent.
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Why should my son suffer because of hers? this is his family now, she should take care of her own. she uses this money for all kinds of stuff not for the kids. because of her our credit is screwed up and we have to move and change jobs all the time because he cant pay rent.

Troll.
    Because you decided to do the hokey-pokey with a man who ALREADY had two children.

But, no worries...YOU don't have to pay a dime

BUTT OUT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proserpina View Post

Troll.
    I agree - way too "over the top"
    this is the facebook page

[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100002044134590]Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More[/url]

at least can she be sued for slander?