• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrasing Ex-Wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soccer44

What is the name of your state? MD

The ex-wife lives in Florida and receives child support on monthly basis. Right now she is calling constantly the ex-husband and his family in Virginia saying she needs money to take the kid to get his nose fixed which is broken. Isn't this what child support covers? She just came back from vacation with the kids a couple days ago and says she doesn't have money. Not to be cold but isn't that her problem for not budgeting. Shouldn't he get a lawyer to stop the harrasing phone calls? He wants to help his kids but I thought child support went to food, clothing, medical expenses, etc.... Any advice out there?

seniorjudge

soccer44 said:

The ex-wife lives in Florida and receives child support on monthly basis. Right now she is calling constantly the ex-husband and his family in Virginia saying she needs money to take the kid to get his nose fixed which is broken. Isn't this what child support covers? She just came back from vacation with the kids a couple days ago and says she doesn't have money. Not to be cold but isn't that her problem for not budgeting. Shouldn't he get a lawyer to stop the harrasing phone calls? He wants to help his kids but I thought child support went to food, clothing, medical expenses, etc.... Any advice out there?
Q: Isn't this what child support covers?

A: No. BF should pay for the kid's broken nose. {edited to make the response a little clearer}

Last edited:

Silverplum

soccer44 said:

You are not even close to being ready to be a stepmom. {edited to add: or any type of mom}

I advise you, strongly, to break up with your BF, and go frolic on the beach with someone who has no responsibilities. And use lots of birth control, regularly.

Last edited:

Neal1421

soccer44 said:

Dare I ask if you know what the order says about uninsured medical expenses? Does dad carry the kid on his insurance?

soccer44

He broke his nose at school. Both parents have medical insurance on the kid. She has full custody of the kid.

Neal1421

soccer44 said:
He broke his nose at school. Both parents have medical insurance on the kid. She has full custody of the kid.
Let's try this again.

Do you know what their order says about uninsured medical expenses?

BelizeBreeze

soccer44 said:
Then HE needs to tell her to either file a claim with the school's carrier or through her own insurance. And turn the answering machine on.

Not legal advice

soccer44 said:

Not to be cold but isn't that her problem for not budgeting.
No it's not her problem, it's the kids problem.

By your standard, the kid should let the nose set as it is, and go to the doctor and have it rebroken again to be set correctly once mom has the money, because mom took the kids on vacation and didn't budget for an unexpected emergency medical expense?

Whether or not your boyfriend should pay, like you said, you'll find that out. But I know if I was him, I sure wouldn't want some callous bitch of a girlfriend that was going to complain every time I had (or wanted) to spend some money on my child. Especially if she started bitching when my child had just been injured! :eek:

soccer44 said:
Shouldn't he get a lawyer to stop the harrasing phone calls?
Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way, but the way you are making it sound is that it is you that feel the phone calls are harrassing, not him. Go talk to the wizard and ask him for a heart, it may not be too late!

Silverplum

Ithildriel said:
No it's not her problem, it's the kids problem.

By your standard, the kid should let the nose set as it is, and go to the doctor and have it rebroken again to be set correctly once mom has the money, because mom took the kids on vacation and didn't budget for an unexpected emergency medical expense?

Whether or not your boyfriend should pay, like you said, you'll find that out. But I know if I was him, I sure wouldn't want some callous bitch of a girlfriend that was going to complain every time I had (or wanted) to spend some money on my child. Especially if she started bitching when my child had just been injured! :eek:

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way, but the way you are making it sound is that it is you that feel the phone calls are harrassing, not him. Go talk to the wizard and ask him for a heart, it may not be too late!
So right, Ithidriel. :eek:

How did he break his nose at school? When I broke my nose at school in Gym Class the schools insurance picked up the bill. But maybe he was in a fight and that's a different story then. Your BF needs to find out the whole story first and then go from there.

soccer44

I wasn't being callous. I think he should help for the nose but he needs to have the bill first so he can pay his half and not just hand over money. I was trying to find out through this forum what exactly child support does pay.
And you don't wait for the nose to heal before you fix it. You need to let the swelling go down, then the doctor sets it and then you get a bill in the mail for what the insurance doesn't cover. That's what he needs to see to pay and not just hand over money. I've been through enough broken noses with my Brother playing soccer.

Silverplum

soccer44 said:
I wasn't being callous. I think he should help for the nose but he needs to have the bill first so he can pay his half and not just hand over money. I was trying to find out through this forum what exactly child support does pay.
And you don't wait for the nose to heal before you fix it. You need to let the swelling go down, then the doctor sets it and then you get a bill in the mail for what the insurance doesn't cover. That's what he needs to see to pay and not just hand over money. I've been through enough broken noses with my Brother playing soccer.
How about this plan? You step back and be a girlfriend. You let the father of the child deal with his child and the mother of his child. The whole set of relationships has nothing to do with you.

BelizeBreeze

soccer44 said:
And you don't wait for the nose to heal before you fix it. You need to let the swelling go down, then the doctor sets it and then you get a bill in the mail for what the insurance doesn't cover.
and THAT is exactly what the EX-HUSBAND needs to tell his ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">