• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He moved to another state to avoid arrest for contempt no payment child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SkyWater

What is the name of your state? Texas
My son's father moved to an unknown state to avoid going to jail under a contempt order for failure to pay child support. He made a claim to a friend he was moving to a state or states that will not extradite under contempt for failure to pay arrearages. I was informed that there are about 8 states that will not extradite. Which states are they? I would like to contact them to see if I can get help in getting money from him.

NotSoNew

i cant find anything on certain states that wont extridite, i think in some states it even depends on the county.........not really sure, maybe someone else can help.

But I never understood how putting someone in jail is going to help them pay their arrears?

Alaska?

When I lived in Missouri the "police beat" in the newspaper was filled w/ mostly arrests for non-support. In Alaska I have never heard of anyone ever being arrested for failure to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">