• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is he reliable for child support or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimber24

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I live in washington and i wanted to know if my new husband will be held responsible to pay child support to my daughters father because he has custody of her and i am a stay at home mom and only get child support for my son who is in my custody?

Phnx02

Your new husband is not your daughter's biological or legal father so therefore, is not responsible for paying CS for her.

nextwife

Your ex is CP to one of your children?

If so, YOU, not your husband, are responsible to pay any CO'd CS. You are now voluntarilly unemployed, so an income could be imputed to you, just as it would for any male NCP who is voluntarilly unemployed. It is up to you (and your hubby) to between you figure out how you can meet any legal obligation to support that child. But is is YOU who has the legal responsibility IF you are a NCP.

" is he reliable for child support or not?"
I think you mean "is he RESPONSIBLE for child support...? HE is not, while he may indeed be reliable.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">