• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is he telling me the truth?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smkat

What is the name of your state? CO

My ex is not happy with some decisions I've made. He's says he's going to contact a lawyer to formally establish visitation... that's fine with me. But he's also said that he was told he can withhold his child support payments to pay for the lawyer. Is that true? He's in TX.

smkat

fairisfair said:
no, he is full of texas bull.
Thank you. I didn't think it sounded quite right. And I agree, he is full of Texas bull, but that's a subject for another time ~smiles~

fairisfair

He could however, petition for visitation and ask that you pay the attorney fees, but that is like asking santa claus for a pony., no a pink pony, no a pink pony with polka dots.

Silverplum

fairisfair said:
He could however, petition for visitation and ask that you pay the attorney fees, but that is like asking santa claus for a pony., no a pink pony, no a pink pony with polka dots.
Getting the attorney fees paid: A pink pony with polka dots. :D

Obtaining visitation: Pretty definite that yes, he will. :)

fairisfair

Silverplum said:
Getting the attorney fees paid: A pink pony with polka dots. :D

Obtaining visitation: Pretty definite that yes, he will. :)
of course, you are right, he will get visitation.

E

eme76

wait, wait,wait...

is C/S court ordered???? that could change the answer;)

GrowUp!

smkat said:
What is the name of your state? CO

My ex is not happy with some decisions I've made. He's says he's going to contact a lawyer to formally establish visitation... that's fine with me. But he's also said that he was told he can withhold his child support payments to pay for the lawyer. Is that true? He's in TX.
There are only certain circumstances where a parent can Motion the court to withhold child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">