• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bononos

What is the name of your state? OH
Yes, another post!
Ex nor I have any insurance from work.
I have had a ins. plan that is low cost, but also does not provide much...
I want to get better coverage.
Can he fight an increase in the cost at a CS hearing?
Or, since the ins. is better and more is covered, will he be assessed the cost increase?

Any one get family coverage on their own have any suggestions for a good/reasonable ins. plan?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
bononos said:
Yes, another post!
Or, since the ins. is better and more is covered, will he be assessed the cost increase?

Any one get family coverage on their own have any suggestions for a good/reasonable ins. plan?
There is a lot that needs known. Where do you work? If you want to get better coverage can you afford it? yes he cna fight the increase in cost -- doesn't mean he will win. There are too many variables that have hbeen left out. Do a google for health insurance open enrollment in ohio -- specifically the county you are in.

N

nicetryadmin

bononos said:
Yes, another post!

Have you tried individual insurance coverage through providers like Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Kaiser Permanente?

I used to belong to one of those about 8 years ago for a couple of years. Back then, they offered pretty much the same coverage as those through companies (incl. same copays and the such). Granted it'll cost you a couple hundred bucks a month for family coverage, but that cost is also tax deductable at the end of the year.

Here are a couple for ya to check out:

https://ehealthplan.kp.org/ApplyOnline/
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/ehi/Alliance?allid=Goo18811

Hope they help!

bononos

I can afford it, actually, the plan I had provides low-cost for people who make too much for assistance, but not enough to afford a great plan.
I am switching jobs and will be earning a bit more, it will be more than is allowed by this low-cost plan.
Plus, with earning a bit more, I can afford better coverage, which we need.
Our custody mod. hearing is the end of April.
One issue in the custody modification I filed is a contempt he filed against me for enrolling child in a care/school program stating I did not get his permission (joint custody). I have proof of his permission, but, until this hearing, he was not made to pay a protion to the care/school cost. It's been almost a year.
So, after the custody hearing, of course I will be filing for a CS mod. based on the hearing outcome.
But, should I get better coverage, knowing him and his atty., they'll b!tch.
Maybe I'll hold out as long as I can and take in the new ins. info before I apply.
I WILL need to apply soon though, most likely befor the hearing.

bononos

nicetryadmin said:
Have you tried individual insurance coverage through providers like Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Kaiser Permanente?

I used to belong to one of those about 8 years ago for a couple of years. Back then, they offered pretty much the same coverage as those through companies (incl. same copays and the such). Granted it'll cost you a couple hundred bucks a month for family coverage, but that cost is also tax deductable at the end of the year.

Here are a couple for ya to check out:

https://ehealthplan.kp.org/ApplyOnline/
https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/ehi/Alliance?allid=Goo18811

Hope they help!

Thanks, I'll check them out.
I have BC/BS Special Care...this is the plan that if you make too much for assistance, but still under a certain amount, you apply. It was 161.50 for me and 2 kids or me and 1 kid, cost didn't change with kids.
I will be making over the amount to apply anymore.
No perscription, no mental, no non necessary coverage (epidural and circumsion were not covered).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">