• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

martina6

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I am wondering about paying for health insurance. My husband pays the total amount of the health insurance premiums for his two children. Because he lost his job, they were on his ex-wife's insurance and he was paying her the premium. (Before that they were on his insurance). He is now settled in his current job and able to provide insurance through his employer (which is less money to him and better coverage for the kids -- lower co-pays and no deductables). She is saying she doesn't want him to have any control over the kids and their health care (her words), so she doesn't want to switch back to his insurance. Here's my question: If he is the one paying, doesn't he get to decide? Can she decide which insurance he will pay for?

I don't know what the law says. It only says that he will pay in the court order.

Thanks for your input.

martina6

That's what I thought. It's nice to have someone concur.

But does anyone know what the law says? Does the ex-wife have any say in this particular matter?

Zephyr

if he is required to provide insurance- as long as there is nothing in the order stating otherwise then he can provide any insurance he wants

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">