• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travisty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
As part of my divorce agreement my ex is supposed to carry the health insurance on our daughter and the support that I pay was to compensate for thar cost. In the event that her employer does not offer insurance, the cost was to be split and support modified accordingly. I have just learned that my child has not had coverage for over 6 months but I have still been paying support! What do I do now?

Proserpina

As part of my divorce agreement my ex is supposed to carry the health insurance on our daughter and the support that I pay was to compensate for thar cost. In the event that her employer does not offer insurance, the cost was to be split and support modified accordingly. I have just learned that my child has not had coverage for over 6 months but I have still been paying support! What do I do now?

Have you even tried to talk to Mom?

Travisty

Says she is working on subsidized healthcare. Not happy that I have been paying for something that isn't there

Time to file an Order to Show Cause against Deadbeat Mom. Don't wait - every day you wait is another dollar down the drain.

Travisty

I'm not seeking a refund. I just want to know that she is covered. I suppose that my best bet is to add her to my policy and then try to get the support order modified. The subsidized plan is similar to Medicare but is run thru the state of Colorado. It is based on low income and is for children primarily

I'm not seeking a refund. I just want to know that she is covered. I suppose that my best bet is to add her to my policy and then try to get the support order modified. The subsidized plan is similar to Medicare but is run thru the state of Colorado. It is based on low income and is for children primarily
Best bet. Get her on your plan and pay less to Deadbeat Mom! That's the ticket!

Silverplum

Yes, that's your best bet, and best for your child. :)

Proserpina

So yes, I agree with SP. Specially if your coverage offers more than the Med/Col plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">