• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hearing To Establish Support Order Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

somedude

Is this a HUGE CSEA error?

What is the name of your state?OH

According to the Ohio Revised Code Section 3111.80,
The hearing shall be held no later than sixty days after the request is made under section 3111.29 or 3111.78 of the Revised Code or an administrative officer issues an administrative order determining the existence of a parent and child relationship under section 3111.46 of the Revised Code. The hearing shall not be held earlier than thirty days after the officer gives the mother and father notice of the hearing.
If someone recieves a Notice of Administrative Hearing To Establish A Support Order with LESS THAN 30 DAYS until the hearing, can the notice be voided or date be changed based on the fact it was, TECHINICALLY, not served within the time required. The date stamp by the USPS and the signed registered mail reciept are proof that there was only 25 days given until the hearing.

Can the person write to the CSEA stating that they were not served the Admin. Order and the date needs to be rescheduled with ample time, as written in the Ohio Revised Code Section 3111.29?

But, on the other side, it clearly states in the same section:
"The hearing shall be held no later than sixty days after the request is made under section 3111.29 or 3111.78 of the Revised Code or an administrative officer issues an administrative order determining the existence of a parent and child relationship under section 3111.46 of the Revised Code.

So, if they rescheduled the date, a minimum of 30 days would have to be given, hence putting the hearing OUTSIDE of that 60 days.

Did I understand this correctly? (if they would just write this crap in plain english LOL). Is this a pretty serious mistake on the part of CSEA? Does this jeopardize this order? Just trying to understand this.

Thanks much.

Last edited:

S

somedude

Ummm...

You mean to tell me there is NOT ONE person with legal experience and/or knowledge of this?

NOT ONE on this forum?

I find that very hard to believe. But then again...

LdiJ

somedude said:
You mean to tell me there is NOT ONE person with legal experience and/or knowledge of this?

NOT ONE on this forum?

I find that very hard to believe. But then again...
Why is this a problem? Are you really legitimately damaged by this? If so, then you may be able to get it rescheduled if you petition for it now rather than waiting until the actual hearing itself to bring that up. However if its just to delay the inevitable, why bother?

S

somedude

original question

Pardon the "tone" that might have been presented...

But, my original question is, did I understand the language of the Ohio Revised Code correctly?

If I understood the ORC language correctly, then the CSEA should be held liable for a mistake on their end.

We all know if we make a mistake in life, we're held accountable LOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">