• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hearing Examiner "reserved" decision... how long is that?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladybugz

What is the name of your state? NY

I filed a petition, Pro Se, in Family court in August, 2005. Ex-husband and his attorney had it postponed twice, when we finally had a hearing, EH's aty said she needed some "time" to find a paper (which didn't exist) and requested a new date. Went back again and Hearing Examiner ordered a trial. Had the trial on December 30, 2005. At the end, the HE said he reserved his decision for a later date and would mail the decision. It's now eight weeks since that and six months since I filed. I called the court today and they said again... "no decision yet". I asked is there a time frame HE's have to make a decision and she said "nope, just gotta wait". Is this true?

BL

ladybugz said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I filed a petition, Pro Se, in Family court in August, 2005. Ex-husband and his attorney had it postponed twice, when we finally had a hearing, EH's aty said she needed some "time" to find a paper (which didn't exist) and requested a new date. Went back again and Hearing Examiner ordered a trial. Had the trial on December 30, 2005. At the end, the HE said he reserved his decision for a later date and would mail the decision. It's now eight weeks since that and six months since I filed. I called the court today and they said again... "no decision yet". I asked is there a time frame HE's have to make a decision and she said "nope, just gotta wait". Is this true?
Yes , it's true , but it shouldn't be much longer .

Try calling the CHIEF clerk of the court .

That office should be more familiar about time lines , and any backlogs they are experiencing .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">