• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gradymedic

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I filed for an increase of childsupport (x2 kids) against my ex who makes @$70,000 a year-just bought a $210,000 home. In Oct 2004, I had to go to mediation, at the mediation, I was told by the mediator and attorney, I had no choice bu to agree with all the requests of my ex-because the courts no longer regonize the mothers rights but the fathers rights, so if I refused to agree the judge could take my kids away if he wanted them-he made the offer of what he wanted to pay for cs, he refused to provide any check stubs, gave himself more visitation, and bery carefully changed the original divorce decree of it was my right to deducte the kids on my taxes since I have full custody and the reside 12 months of the year with me.-Well his attorney changed to to were now it states he can deduct tem in even years. Refusing to agree, but signed under extrem force from mediator and attorney (she admitted it later to the judge of the duress)---Well his attorney filed for an enforcement of the mediation because I refused to agree or sign it utill the tax provision was changed. Anyhow, the judge enforced it Tuesday, because my (then) attorney has not done anything to dispute it. Also my ex has TRIED to claim the kids in 2000 and 2002 and was pentalized for it-IRS states he had not right to claim them. Question, since the agreement was forced, and it does not have my signature at all on it, and I can provide substatioal proof I provide for more than 55% of their care, live with me the whole year, and attend a local school. Since IRS ifs federal, and this is State-can I still have them as a deduction, since he has not seen the kids in over a year and purged himself as to his income to the court? I dont have the money to hire another attorney

djohnson

If the court order says he claims them, it doesn't matter if it has your signature. It's a court order. The courts are more lax now with parents visitation and trying to make thing mroe equal. What you have said here is pretty standard except the child support portion. However if he is getting them more, then that may be why.

king sol

If Dad makes that much $$$ and child support is set high, he "could" possibly write the kids off every year (w/amended court order). Considering he pays Xamount of $$$ while kids are in his care and Xamount of $$$ while in your care (cs). Especially, if his income is considerably higher than yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">