• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Asap!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2sweet4me

What is the name of your state? OK
My husband and his ex got divorced about 6months ago.. He had a good job and was able to pay around 3000/mo for CS/alimony/car payment. (he owned his own business) then his bussiness when under. He currently owns a skatepark and only makes about 2000/mo. She is saying that the lawyers said they would give him 3months to find a "regular" job. I'm just wondering if that is possible... the divorce took place in TX. thanks!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Not necessarily. He may have to show that the business folding was not due to any action of his and/or that he has truly been unable to find a job providing the same income (i.e. that he is not voluntarily underemployed). Plus, the court may find it interesting that w/in 6 mos of a "final" support order being signed, his company goes under and he has enough $$ to buy a skatepark but not pay the ordered support.

2sweet4me

he had the skatepark before his other business. but thanks for your advice that's why it seemed funny.... because he's had the skatepark business for a long time and since his business went under (because someone he was doing a service for didnt pay for 6 months, and he needed the money to keep the business alive) he could work full time there. thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">