• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with child support issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

red rose

What is the name of your state? Arkansaa
My ex and I were divorceed 31/2 months ago. We wrote up our divorcee agreement the way we wanted at the time. He agreed to pay $200
.per week for child support for a period of 5 years, after that child support would be based on his income at that time. I have this court ordered and there is a garnishment order in effect, (per mutual agreement) In Ar all child support pmts go thru the Office of Child Support Enforcement. For the past 2 weeks my child support pmts have gone down, my ex states in AR the OCSE can only garnish 50%or less of his income and they superceed the court and divorcee order is this true?

red rose

:confused:
red rose said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas My ex and I were divorceed 31/2 months ago. We wrote up our divorcee agreement the way we wanted at the time. He agreed to pay $200
.per week for child support for a period of 5 years, after that child support would be based on his income at that time. I have this court ordered and there is a garnishment order in effect, (per mutual agreement) In Ar all child support pmts go thru the Office of Child Support Enforcement. For the past 2 weeks my child support pmts have gone down, my ex states in AR the OCSE can only garnish 50%or less of his income and they superceed the court and divorcee order is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">