• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help getting child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Binktwin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I currently have my 7 month old son 73% of the time. His father who is unemployed and makes less than a $1000 a month get's him 23% of the time every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday while I work from 6:15 am to 4:00 pm and alternating weekends from 8:00 am Saturday until 12:00 pm Sunday. He gives me 2 to 3 formulas a month that's all. So I applied for child support through the department of child support services and was told that I would end up paying him due to his income, they advised me to go through the courts and file because the courts could base the child support off of federal minimum wage since he has been unemployed for over a year now and is not looking for employment or they could court order him to find fulltime employment is this true? should I file through the court's I don't want to file and end up paying him since I'm the only one financially supporting our son?

mistoffolees

I currently have my 7 month old son 73% of the time. His father who is unemployed and makes less than a $1000 a month get's him 23% of the time every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday while I work from 6:15 am to 4:00 pm and alternating weekends from 8:00 am Saturday until 12:00 pm Sunday. He gives me 2 to 3 formulas a month that's all. So I applied for child support through the department of child support services and was told that I would end up paying him due to his income, they advised me to go through the courts and file because the courts could base the child support off of federal minimum wage since he has been unemployed for over a year now and is not looking for employment or they could court order him to find fulltime employment is this true? should I file through the court's I don't want to file and end up paying him since I'm the only one financially supporting our son?
That is all entirely possible.

Isis1

check this calculator. it's the same one the child support agency uses.

Calculate Child Support

input him a minimum wage full time. should come out to $1400 or something.

now, input the time.

when filing, you'll attend a hearing where you will speak to an legal clerk. take it before the judge. request the judge to input minimum wage. stand your ground.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">