• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! how do i get a court ordered paternity test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stepmom711

What is the name of your state? California:mad:

My boyfriend and I had been together for about 2 months when his ex comes back in to the picture saying that she was 3months along with his baby.

now heres the problem...

her math of when they were last "together" and her due date never matched up

she tryed to convince him the women in her family could carry their babies for up to a year.
she tried to get him to sign papers before the baby was even born

AND NOW she had the baby yesterday and wont let him or his parents near it and her mother (who is a registered nurse and couldn't tell her daughter was 7months pregnant) is saying that they don't want him anywhere NEAR the baby not even for the paternity test. they wanna take the DNA sample from his parents.

my questions are...

1. is that even possible?

2. is that even legal?

3. how would he go about getting the court ordered paternity test? (hes not a deadbeat dad, he wants to know, so he can be there for the kid)

Last edited by a moderator:

CJane

My boyfriend and I had been together for about 2 months when his ex comes back in to the picture saying that she was 3months along with his baby.

now heres the problem...

she tryed to convince him the women in her family could carry their babies for up to a year.
Just something to think about, from someone who's been there. It's POSSIBLE (and even likely) that it's not HER math that's off. It's your boyfriend's. In other words, the last time it's safe for him to SAY he was with her might not really be the last time he was with her. KWIM?

Were you THERE when she 'tried to convince him' that she was an elephant and could keep a baby inside for 3 months longer than Mother Nature ever intended?

AND NOW she had the baby yesterday and wont let him or his parents near it and her mother (who is a registered nurse and couldn't tell her daughter was 7months pregnant) is saying that they don't want him anywhere NEAR the baby not even for the paternity test. they wanna take the DNA sample from his parents.

my questions are...

Yes. But it would be a lot easier to just go to the lab and get the baby swabbed and then your BF can go to a lab and get swabbed and no one has to be anywhere near anyone else.

2. is that even legal?
Sure. But it's WAY more expensive than DNA testing using the actual putative father.

3. how would he go about getting the court ordered paternity test? (hes not a deadbeat dad, he wants to know, so he can be there for the kid)
File in court to establish paternity via DNA testing, establish child support orders and establish visitaiton. And the sooner the better.

LdiJ

Its more than a bit wierd that they want a DNA test from the potential grandparents rather than the potential father. Any chance that the potential dad has a brother?...maybe a brother who makes a lot less money than the potential dad?

penelope10

Wow what ever happened to a mourning period after a break-up? I agree with the previous poster the dates may not match up due to the info you have received from the bf.

penelope10

Its more than a bit wierd that they want a DNA test from the potential grandparents rather than the potential father. Any chance that the potential dad has a brother?...maybe a brother who makes a lot less money than the potential dad?
Now that sure is an interesting angle to think about;) Just wanted to add that I guess anything is possible, but a YEAR to carry a baby to term? Humans around 9 months, elephants I believe one year.

Last edited:

MrsK

now heres the problem...

my questions are...

2. is that even legal?

First, I had to laugh at this SO HARD

>>she tryed to convince him the women in her family could carry their babies for up to a year.

Answers to your questions...

1) In short, yes thats possible.

2) No, its not legal, and the courts wont order it, so tell her to suck it. They will get DNA from HIM and not his parents.

3) File for est. of paternity in court.

If the dates dont match up, personally I'd leave it alone. Otherwise he may end up spending a lot of $$ to get this taken care of that he doesnt need to, and frankly, the courts are unlikely to make HER pay for his court costs & atty fees for that.

MrsK

Now that sure is an interesting angle to think about;) Just wanted to add that I guess anything is possible, but a YEAR to carry a baby to term? Humans around 9 months, elephants I believe one year.
A human baby would not stay in 12 months. It would come out on its own, or die. The placentas function GREATLY drops after 9 months, which is why Dr's dont let pregnant women go more than 2 weeks overdue...the placenta no longer works like its supposed to.

penelope10

A human baby would not stay in 12 months. It would come out on its own, or die. The placentas function GREATLY drops after 9 months, which is why Dr's dont let pregnant women go more than 2 weeks overdue...the placenta no longer works like its supposed to.
Lol (I know)----I was just thinking OH MY GOSH a year. I went a about a week over my due date with one of mine and I was super relieved when I finally went into labor. I was a huge grump the last couple of days---A year?I would have been a major Pregzilla by then. If these woman really went a full year, can you imagine how their hubby's would have handled this?:p

Elephants. Twenty-two-month pregnancy.

(And I only know that 'cause I typed a report for one of the kids' last year)

kimberlywrites

Lol (I know)----I was just thinking OH MY GOSH a year. I went a about a week over my due date with one of mine and I was super relieved when I finally went into labor. I was a huge grump the last couple of days---A year?I would have been a major Pregzilla by then. If these woman really went a full year, can you imagine how their hubby's would have handled this?:p
There has GOT to be a reality television show in here somewhere...

stepmom711

in response

yes i was there when ever they talked(you think he would want to be left alone with her?). everything she said, i herd. I had realized she ... when my sister went in to labor on the 13th (my sister who got pregers A MONTH AND A HALF AFTER his ex had told us that she was pregnant)

UPDATE

Yesterday my boyfriend and i had to go over to "her" house so that he could talk to her and her parents (whom she still lives with and are WAY too involved) about how they dont want him to take the test cuz they dont want him to have to pay anything.

Just Blue

yes i was there when ever they talked(you think he would want to be left alone with her?). everything she said, i herd. I had realized she ...when my sister went in to labor on the 13th (my sister who got pregers A MONTH AND A HALF AFTER his ex had told us that she was pregnant)

UPDATE

Yesterday my boyfriend and i had to go over to "her" house so that he could talk to her and her parents (whom she still lives with and are WAY too involved) about how they dont want him to take the test cuz they dont want him to have to pay anything.
You have been asked repeatedly to stop with the vulgar talk. Admin has had to edit your post due to your language...So stop. If you are an adult you should know how to communicate without swearing.

proud_parent

Yesterday my boyfriend and i had to go over to "her" house so that he could talk to her and her parents (whom she still lives with and are WAY too involved) ...
You went with boyfriend to his ex's house and you have the cheek to label her parents "way too involved"? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">