• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Needed in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wulf18861

Florida-

When my ex-wife and I divorced, I gained custody of our daughter and she pays me child support. She recently found out she was pregnant and re-married. Her husband and her have a joint checkings together. I am concerned when she goes on maternity leave/misses work/stays home after new baby. How will I continue to receive child support? Is her husband then responisble since their income is together? I'd like to have myself prepared before this happens. Please leave any advice you can!

Zephyr

nothing you can do about it until she does miss a payment or three**************..then you would contact cse

Neal1421

wulf18861 said:
Florida-

When my ex-wife and I divorced, I gained custody of our daughter and she pays me child support. She recently found out she was pregnant and re-married. Her husband and her have a joint checkings together. I am concerned when she goes on maternity leave/misses work/stays home after new baby. How will I continue to receive child support? Is her husband then responisble since their income is together? I'd like to have myself prepared before this happens. Please leave any advice you can!
No, her husband is not responsible for her child support. Like the other poster said, there is nothing you can do until payment has been missed.

NotSoNew

her husband is not responsible but she still is, she wont get her support lowered because she is choosing to have another baby and stay at home.

StarsMoon

No... but,

NotSoNew said:
her husband is not responsible but she still is, she wont get her support lowered because she is choosing to have another baby and stay at home.

If the new hubby don't want to raise their youngin without momma then he'll being paying it to you.:D

My hubby's got a friend in Mi. that pays his wife's CS to her ex. He's been paying on her CS for about 11 yrs now. But I guess thats what decent ppl do.. for their loved ones.:p
And, yes we are aware that this man has no obligation to his wife's prior children, but you know what, if he "loves" her that much, he'll pay it to keep his family together...... and keep his wife out of jail for contempt....
Money is money.... regardless of where it comes from....:p
Just my opinion.... sorry no legal help here......;)
good luck,
stars.....:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">