• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How To Beat The Child Support System

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dad could ask to have her imputed an income that she could reasonably earn. Assuming the state uses both incomes to calculate support.

haiku

Theresia said:
I just checked out the above named site to try and help fathers with their child support dilemma. Unfortunately I can't even affort to purchase the softwear to help my husband! He pays $600 a month for one child and is now being taken back to court for more money. The ex drives a 2004 car, her husband a 2002. I drive a '95 and my husband drives a '96. The ex hasn't worked in over a year, yet is remodeling her house, dresses to the hilt in designer clothes...etc. We can't afford better vehicles because evidently we're making her car payments! Shouldn't it be a factor in this court case that she is not supporting her child one bit with her own income? Now her lawyer is penalizing my husband for his 401K contributions. They want 20% of his money before the 401K amount is taken out. We live paycheck to paycheck and now it will be even harder. I work also, but seems like we're getting nowhere. Doesn't it make a difference in the court system if she doesn't work at all? Please let me know. , shouldn't she be contributing some kind of support herself?
Ummm..... I would say she is 'supporting' her HALF of the child by using her husbands income. Which is her right. Heck YOU could pay your husbands child support amount and the court would not care as long as it got paid.

her getting a job, depending on your states child support system could possibly make no difference in what your husband pays or RAISE his support believe it or not.

most states give the custodial parent a certain amount 'credit" towards being the one to actually HOUSE the child. So in those cases she would have to meet a certain income amount before her pay was even considered as "extra".

Also, depending on the age of the child involved her working may cause you to incur child care costs.

If she had a job could you really suddenly justify her new cars, designer clothes, and remodeled house? Somehow, I don't think so.

my husband has an ex-wife who I consider an imbecilic money sucking wacko,I have long since gotten over getting upset at what she considers responsible parenting, my husband takes care of his parenting responsibility and thats what counts. When her Gravy Train crashes in 10 years, she will likely be living in a cardboard box, while my husband and I will be reaping the benifits of proper financial planning for the future.

honestly, this is more "emotional" than anything else, let go of the "comparison game" your life will be made easier for it.

T

Theresia

Thanks, it's worth a shot. Hopefully it will be brought up and make a difference. We live in Illinois, so I don't have a clue. I never had these problems with my ex. I don't get alot of money, two hundred a month for a 17 year old, but if I need something extra for our son, he's always willing to help.

audster

Illinois is not income share and is based solely on the NCP's ability to pay. The standard is 20% + 5% per other child (i think, it may have gone up a % or 2 recently, i'm not sure). Niether her income or yours would count when figuring your hubby's CS. Really, your better off that way than in a shared income state.

no$$4us

reply for how not to pay

here is a website to enjoy www.wantedposters.com look up Troy Dupuis
Please put your ex on that. You must have court documents to back up your statements.
My the way I voted democrat and I do blame the republicans and the stay at home moms who have yet to get divorced. I also blame the system for not acknowledging the kids. Welfare would be substantially less if the system just paid for child care and education to get a job. Welfare would be less if child support went through SS# and program.
When the majority of the problem was taken care of the glitches in the system would happen less often. Since most men agree to take their wives out of the work force to raise children, it is understandable that they may not have an easy way back in with children's schedules.
Just because you got divorced does not mean that your values about how you want your children raised also changes 180 degrees.
I hear everyone talking about the dollars and being laid off temporarily, but not how they are understanding the the children still have needs.
When my ex disappeared after being fired. He received $15,000 from an annuity and chose to hide rather than pay. When my ex hide from us, his last concern was for his children. He did not care that I put them in private school and that they stayed in the school for years without his support.
Their health care was not his concern. They both currently have braces and one wears glasses.
When my ex lost his job, he did not appeal to child support or to the courts.

T

Theresia

To haiku...you hit the nail on the head. You also gave me a new nickname for the ex...an imbicilic money sucking wacko...I love that! :) Have to find humor in something. My step-son is 15 now and just like my husband says..in three years she'll be the one hurting and we will finally benefit. It is an emotional game she plays, I believe that. The poor boy is suffering though through the bad-mouthing she does about his dad and me. We have only made a good home for him when he's with us, which is hardly ever because she has him come home to babysit his little sister for her on my husband's time. My husband says it's up to his son to stand up for himself if he wants to see his dad. So far that hasn't worked yet. About the ex not working, I know they've maxed out credit cards to make their elaborate changes in their income. It will catch up one day for them. I'll stand by my husband, although seething inside, because he doesn't need the added stress in his life. Thanks again, you made me laugh!

T

Theresia

To no$$4us...thanks! I will definitely check the site out, nothing can hurt at this point!

T

Theresia

Hey, checked out the site. It's for deadbeat dads which my husband and ex-husband are not. Why would I want to look at this site? Also, couldn't find where I could check out the Troy issue.

T

Theresia

Yes, in Illinois it's 20% for one. Didn't know about the shared income deal. Sucks! Guess we'll just wait and see what happens next week in court. Thanks for replying!

Kevmar44

Don't want to pay CS or pay some ridiculously low figure? Do what my ex did! Quit a good paying job to start your own joke of a business and then claim you make LESS than minimum wage! He only pays $104 a month! And then turn around and tell the child they need to tell the CP they need new shoes, clothes, etc and tell them that's what they pay CS for, while you live in your $300,000 home and drive brand new vehicles! Oh and tell your child he's going to have to start bringing his own money for food because he won't eat every last morsel on his plate! :confused:

OR do what I think another poster on this site did...put the business in your new wife's name, let her pay you a sorry salary so your ex doesn't get the full amount of CS she actually deserves and turn around and say you provide more than enough for the child when he's with you. :rolleyes:

We just hope you all can sleep at night, because that's all that matters!! :D

T

Theresia

I sleep very well at night. I worked two jobs to compensate for my ex's business folding and voluntarily lowering child support. Hell, I was getting $300 a month for two kids! My husband's ex gets $600 a month and is now taking us back to court for more money. She's the one that drives new cars, new clothes, remodeled the house...not us. She doesn't even work! Who's paying her car payment????? Ummmm. Your ex sounds like an a------ no doubt, but there are also good fathers out there that are getting screwed big time! Like my husband! We've bought the kid clothes when he showed up at our house in his school uniform (yes, also paid half of his tuition at a Catholic school Mommy dear insisted he attend even though the public school was a few blocks away) in addition to child support. My husband has bent over backwards to financially support his child. If she can't take care of him with her child support that's her problem! Maybe she should live within her means like we have to. She drives a 2004 and her husband a 2002 while my husband drives '96 and me a "95. Something wrong with this picture big time! Maybe she should try and get a JOB perhaps????????????

T

Theresia

Oh, forgot to include the part about him showing up in his school clothes, pans that were past his ankles and ripped at the knees, the shirt obviously too small, barely covering his upper body, and ripped underwear. My husband called her to see why he was dressed like this with the amount of child support she receives. Basically, he got a big F---you from her. So he goes out and buys clothes, the kid wears them home, never seen again in our house! He just pitched his ripped underwear in the trash and wore our new ones home. Just kept showing up with ripped clothes. That gets frickin old sometimes. Hell, I know we bought at least 30 pairs of underwear for him! She's a pathetic mother to say the least.

stevek3

audster said:
I was actually talking about the "Myth of the Deadbeat Dad" article. It actually brings up some disturbing and compelling questions if you have an open mind. Sorry fo rthe confusion, i should have been more specific.
The only legitimate "myth" about the deadbeat dad is that they are entitled to be called "Dad." If I was the son of a deadbeat dad, I'd be getting on the telephone and calling him "Sperm Donor." When the day finally came, in my role of the Good Son, I'd even pay extra to have that name etched into his tombstone. The "Donor" part of his name would make it appear he lived his life making charitable contributions.

audster

The only legitimate "myth" about the deadbeat dad is that they are entitled to be called "Dad." If I was the son of a deadbeat dad, I'd be getting on the telephone and calling him "Sperm Donor." When the day finally came, in my role of the Good Son, I'd even pay extra to have that name etched into his tombstone. The "Donor" part of his name would make it appear he lived his life making charitable contributions.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe you mistook this for the "I have issues with my old man and want to cry about it " forum :D

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Theresia said:
Oh, forgot to include the part about him showing up in his school clothes, pans that were past his ankles and ripped at the knees, the shirt obviously too small, barely covering his upper body, and ripped underwear. My husband called her to see why he was dressed like this with the amount of child support she receives. Basically, he got a big F---you from her. So he goes out and buys clothes, the kid wears them home, never seen again in our house! He just pitched his ripped underwear in the trash and wore our new ones home. Just kept showing up with ripped clothes. That gets frickin old sometimes. Hell, I know we bought at least 30 pairs of underwear for him! She's a pathetic mother to say the least.
And ya know, sweetpea, there are NCP's just as bad. My son - 13 in under a month - prefers boxers. His Dad hates 'em. So he pitches our son's boxers and makes him wear his 10 yo stepbeo's briefs home. Yeah, my ex is anal enough to need to control what his son has covering his buns.

He also pleads poverty - he makes 300k/year and is married to a working lawyer. Makes enough to take his stepkids skiing to Europe every winter, yet tells our daughter he hasn't enough money to take her for an outing (just the two of them) to see the Nutcracker locally (we're talking maybe $20/seat max) after telling her he took her stepsis the previous weekend.

I've bit my tongue clear through from not saying anything that I think of their father to them. I picked him, and I can live with him. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

But what I don't do is walk around painting every NCP with the same brush like some of you like to do to CP Moms. For every one you complain about - there's a crappy NCP (Dad OR Mom) for someone else to complain about. Jaysus Christ - quit the whining already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">