• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How To Beat The Child Support System

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aargh!

What is the name of your state?CA
Well this is a doozy. This guy was on the radio with P.Diddy saying he can show anyone how to beat the child support system. Here is the link:Pay No Child Support
And This Idiot Has A Radio Talk Show?
How can it be legal for this guy to say such disgusting things. He is all over the radio saying he can help any man beat the child support system. How do I stop him?

Desperate Mom

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

aargh! said:
What is the name of your state?CA

How do I stop him?

Desperate Mom

My response:

Easy.

Tell the President and Congress that you want the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution either suspended indefinitely or voided altogether. That S.O.B. probably would do it too, if he could.

Does Bush remind you of a particular President we had during 1968 to 1974?

IAAL

carofl93

Didn't good old P. Diddy...Puffy...Sean...whoever he is today...get ordered to pay CS about a month ago? Doesn't seem like he has beaten a thing.

audster

Before you rant, did you actually look at the site? There are some interesting and compelling articles there.

tigger22472

audster said:
Before you rant, did you actually look at the site? There are some interesting and compelling articles there.
I read a lot of the 'victim' stories and except a few they were mainly based on cases in Canada. I agree that there are cases where CS isn't calculated correctly but it's disgusting for this man to announce that people can beat CS. Only in a perfect world would every parent support their children absent a court order to do so and in millions of cases even that doesn't make them do it.

audster

I was actually talking about the "Myth of the Deadbeat Dad" article. It actually brings up some disturbing and compelling questions if you have an open mind. Sorry fo rthe confusion, i should have been more specific.

tigger22472

audster said:
I was actually talking about the "Myth of the Deadbeat Dad" article. It actually brings up some disturbing and compelling questions if you have an open mind. Sorry fo rthe confusion, i should have been more specific.
After skimming that one a bit... it says no more then we say here every day. If you look at the WHOLE picture women are statistically shown to not pay support more often then men. And I'm sorry but the statement..."When they are employed, virtually all divorced fathers pay the child support they owe.
The number of arrearages “estimated” by the government is derived not from any actual statistics but from surveys" I don't agree with. First off.. "when they are employed"? Um.. hello! children don't stop being hungry or stop growing if I lose my job! I believe that at least in a lot of men's cases the reason they have arrears is because when they get laid off or lose their job or whatever, they don't apply for modifications. Most have the attitude that you can't get blood from a turnup and so the ex will get what they get not realizing or caring at the time that arrears add up. Do I care that the government gets money from my ex too by collecting support? Not really... I have an ex that actively doesn't pay(unless he's completely forced to) and gave his children up not only emotionally but legally because he didn't want to pay child support. If there isn't some sort of enforcement going on then ONE.. what good is a court order and TWO... that just gives deadbeats(mom's and dad's) a free pass to continue spreading their genes and bringing children in this world that aren't supported.
I am one of those that is open minded weather you are a NCP or a CP. I think the laws suck no matter what side of the fence you are on but they are laws and in cases of true deadbeats there has to be some kind of 'punishment'.

audster

I believe that at least in a lot of men's cases the reason they have arrears is because when they get laid off or lose their job or whatever, they don't apply for modifications.
ok, I've been laid off before. Actually I've been laid off a couple of times in the last few years. I've filed for modifications, both with the help of a lawyer and per se. It didn't make a darn bit of difference. The attitude of the family court is "will, a lay off is temporary and lets not go to the trouble of lowering your CS if you might be called back to work" I wasn't BTW....the plant nearly shut down....150 out of 300 out the door, based on seniority. I had 8 years in! Thsi is growing more and more common in todays job market. I have proffesional training but still, starting over means low seniority, lower pay and more frequent lay offs. When are the courts going to catch up to that concept? When the Courts pull BS like that is it still the NCP's fault he is in arrears? I think not! Combine thi swith the fact that half the time, in Illinois anyway, the NCP can have thier CS raised arbitrarily by CSE without a hearing or due process....see the direction i'm going here?

tigger22472

I agree in today's economy that it's not the best however, and please let me finish before you jump because I'm going to state what I feel you should be able to do but why the laws don't allow it (if in fact you have an 'evil' ex). It is my opinion that if you are laid off you start looking for another job, and take two to suppliment your income to help not only pay the support but to also support yourself. Now, I realize that if your ex knew you worked two jobs they can go and try to get it 'raised' based on the second job which is a prime example to my notion that the laws suck on both sides of the fence. No, it's not right that the court would not lower the support temporarily and it's not right they can impute income from a second job but not everything in life is fair and sometimes we all get the short end of the stick in all sorts of aspects of law, that's dealing with the government.

(Before anyone thinks that I'm sitting here on my high horse I will use an example, although it's not dealing with CS it is dealing with the gov't and laws and money. My husband is disabled. He had a diving accident in 2002. Medicaid provided for him until he was out of the hospital and done with rehab. I wasn't working at the time of his accident and couldn't afford to work and pay insurance at over 200$ a week and support a family of 5 while he waited on SSDI. Once his disability kicked in Medicaid dropped him saying at the time that he didn't 'use it enough." Guess going to the doc every other month for check ups and having blood work done wasn't enough. In March of 2004 he had a seizure.. so we had an ambulance bill, ER bill(not to mention all the tests) and a new doctor. Medicaid approved him for THAT MONTH ONLY(mind you, you must be disabled two years to get MediCARE and even then that sucks, but better then nothing). They said HIS income was too great and that he must spend over 300$ a month on medical before they would help. Now, this isn't household medical bills although they used my income to deny him services.. this is just him.. Do I think it's right? Hell No. Do I have to deal with it? Yes.)

audster

Well, your right there. I tried working the second job route and had CS raised, even though the job was seasonal in nature (more of an independant contract) and the currnt CS was being met. Also tried the massive Overtime route and had consequently had my Cs raised for overtime, which i didn't think they should do....I had to pay the higher rate for 6 months and show only minimal OT to get it lowered. Even then it was denied the first time and I had t appeal and get a Congressman involved. Which is why i feel the whole "primary caregiver" bit is a crock of s**t! Give custody to the parent who has proven capable of support, let the SSHP be the babysitter while the CP works....no nee dfor visitation schedules or CS....oh what a perfect world that would be!

tigger22472

audster said:
Sorry for the rant Tigger....not meant as a "jump". You made good points. no offense intended!

No offense taken..again it's just the way things work..the problem with it is that in your case you have an ex who jumps at every chance they can get to get more money from you(I made a vow to myself when CS was initially made I would never go for a raise, and I do think some amounts NCP's pay is ridiculous). In my case my ex did whatever it took to NOT pay the amount imputed. This included not only stopping seeing his children but letting another man eventually adopt them... and yes this was all because of CS. Again before anyone(not you audster) thinks anything he was never denied contact because of support. He would even go to the length of telling the children he was working but he couldn't tell them where because they would tell me and he'd have to pay monies. Every law can't help everyone, that's just sad but reality.

T

Theresia

I just checked out the above named site to try and help fathers with their child support dilemma. Unfortunately I can't even affort to purchase the softwear to help my husband! He pays $600 a month for one child and is now being taken back to court for more money. The ex drives a 2004 car, her husband a 2002. I drive a '95 and my husband drives a '96. The ex hasn't worked in over a year, yet is remodeling her house, dresses to the hilt in designer clothes...etc. We can't afford better vehicles because evidently we're making her car payments! Shouldn't it be a factor in this court case that she is not supporting her child one bit with her own income? Now her lawyer is penalizing my husband for his 401K contributions. They want 20% of his money before the 401K amount is taken out. We live paycheck to paycheck and now it will be even harder. I work also, but seems like we're getting nowhere. Doesn't it make a difference in the court system if she doesn't work at all? Please let me know. She did tell my husband that the reason she was taking him back was because she didn't like me. I have been extremely good to his son and she knows that, I don't try to be cordial with her because she's causing so many problems. After countless harrassing phone calls, getting sworn at, I don't care how she feels. She made her bed treating me like she does, let her lay in it! I feel like I don't have to have a "relationship" with her, just my step-son. I am supporting my husband by telling him that no matter what the Good Lord will take care of things and that we'll live with whatever decision is made by the courts. Inside though, I'm worried to death about how we're going to make it if she gets even more. I know he has to go by the law, but again, shouldn't she be contributing some kind of support herself?

T

Theresia

I figured that, but will it make a difference in court if she doesn't work at all? His son tells us that his step-dad's new job isn't working out very well and his mom is constantly saying they're broke, if you need something ask your dad for it. That's getting old, ya know?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">