• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to calculate support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

familygal3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MICHIGAN

Can anyone help me to know in a joint custody situation, where both parents have exactly the same amount of time, how would I go about estimating what the child support might be. One parent makes about $400 less a month than the other parent.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated :)

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MICHIGAN

Can anyone help me to know in a joint custody situation, where both parents have exactly the same amount of time, how would I go about estimating what the child support might be. One parent makes about $400 less a month than the other parent.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated :)
Well, one way to estimate it would be to run the numbers as if dad was the custodial parent and see how much mom would have to pay, and then run the numbers as if mom was the custodial parent, and see how much dad had to pay, and the the difference between the two would likely be close to the amount that one of them would have to pay.

Medical insurance and daycare factor in as well as income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">