• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how is child support and state taxes related?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JPMan2369

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I was wondering if childsupport is based off of the state you pay state taxes to. I am military stationed in colorado, but pay texas state taxes. So would my support be based off texas law or colorado law since i am stationed in colorado.

JPMan2369 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado
I was wondering if childsupport is based off of the state you pay state taxes to. I am military stationed in colorado, but pay texas state taxes. So would my support be based off texas law or colorado law since i am stationed in colorado.
I believe it is based off the state that issued your court order, but wait for the legal experts. I'm just the half time entertainment. :p

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ith is right. What state issued the court order? That state's laws are the ones that matter. Which may be none of the above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">