• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i fight judgement against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IsabelEncineas1

What is the name of your state? I live in Lakewood, California and last month I had just received a letter stating that there was judgement against me to pay child support. I have never recieved a letter to appear in court for judgment but i knowe it is to pay back foster care benefirs for my son that i thought that he was in his dads care all this time. I haven't seen my son since he was one years old because the father who was giving custody of my child after doing 1 year in prison gained custody form the judge. Well in November ior December of 2006 my son's grandmother said that they was moving and would contact me after the got settled in, but i did not recieve not even one letter or call. I have tryed to look for him throught their family members and other sources but no luck and now after allthis time i getr a letter stating that i owe almost 2,000.00 in child support and i do have two other kids and one on the way. What should I do to regain custody of my my son because the county of los angeles v. me for the support and when i called child asupport information they told me it was to pay back foster care benefits for an order that was given in 2006-2007 of october. I do not mind paying if i have to but if my son is in a foster home i want to gain custody of him, since the support clerk could not verify that information for me but stated that if the order was given in that time period then he must be in foster care still.:confused:What is the name of your state?

Silverplum

Wow.
So you haven't seen your son for YEARS...and your very first post is in Child Support wondering how to fight the money judgement.

:eek::eek::eek:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just. Wow.

Child Support > how do i fight judgement against me?

What is the name of your state? I live in Lakewood, California and last month I had just received a letter stating that there was judgement against me to pay child support. I have never recieved a letter to appear in court for judgment but i knowe it is to pay back foster care benefirs for my son that i thought that he was in his dads care all this time. I haven't seen my son since he was one years old because the father who was giving custody of my child after doing 1 year in prison gained custody form the judge. Well in November ior December of 2006 my son's grandmother said that they was moving and would contact me after the got settled in, but i did not recieve not even one letter or call. I have tryed to look for him throught their family members and other sources but no luck and now after allthis time i getr a letter stating that i owe almost 2,000.00 in child support and i do have two other kids and one on the way. What should I do to regain custody of my my son because the county of los angeles v. me for the support and when i called child asupport information they told me it was to pay back foster care benefits for an order that was given in 2006-2007 of october. I do not mind paying if i have to but if my son is in a foster home i want to gain custody of him, since the support clerk could not verify that information for me but stated that if the order was given in that time period then he must be in foster care still.:confused:What is the name of your state?

BL

Why not obtain copies of the court orders , and better yet also going to the courthouse and reviewing the records .

Where is the Father now , and why hasn't Child Support gone after him ?

How old is the child now ?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">